Apple Juice – Fresh, tasty, no preservative added, refreshing homemade apple juice recipe which is apt for summers. Apple juice is rich in Vitamin C and loaded with fiber, hence its used as a home remedy to treat constipation in babies and kids. This apple juice is made from homemade apple sauce, which can be stored in fridge. You can make the apple juice instantly with the apple sauce whenever required. This apple juice can be given to babies from 6 months. Do read here on how to introduce juices to babies.
Lets get on to check how to make the homemade apple juice for babies, toddlers and kids.
Apple Juice Recipe for Babies,Toddlers and Kids
- For Apple Sauce:
- Apples- 2 medium sized
- Water - 1/2 cup or as required
- Sugar - 2 tbsp optional
- For Apple Juice:
- Apple Sauce - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Wash the apples in running water thoroughly. Then peel the skin off with a peeler.
- Then chop the apples into cubes. Place the chopped apple cubes in a saucepan along with sugar (if using ) and water till it immersed level. Boil the apples for 5-7 minutes or until its soft and switch off the flame.
- Transfer the boiled apple cubes to the blender .Blend it until smooth. This is the apple sauce. You can store this in refrigerator or freezer and use whenever required.
- To make juice, take 2 tbsp of apple sauce and add 1 cup of water, Mix well and pour it in glasses and serve!
- You could make this apple juice with a tbsp of lemon juice too. And avoid lemon juice if your child has citrus allergy.
- Skip sweetener if the apples are sweet enough.
- The apple sauce has to be thick and hence add water accordingly while blending the apples.
- The apple sauce can be stored in an airtight container and store in fridge for a week.
- You can also strain the apple juice through a strainer instead of making apple juice from the apple sauce and collect the juice in a vessel. In that case add more water while blending the apples.
- You can add ice cubes to the juice if you want it more chilled. But it’s not advisable for small children.
- Always remember that breast milk or formula should be a major source of nutrition for babies until one year hence prefer juices occasionally or when baby is sick.
- If making this juice for babies of age 6-12 months, Skip sugar & ice cubes.