Sweet Bread Dosa – Soft, Thick pancake like dosa made with bread, suji/rava, brown sugar/jaggery and cashews. Last week, I had few leftover bread and instantly tried this sweet bread dosa. You can make this easily for snack time or for breakfast, very quick to make and tasty to eat as well. This sweet bread dosa is ideal for babies above one year. You can check out the savory version of bread dosa/uttappam with vegetables here.
Sweet Bread Dosa Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Bread - 4 slices
- Suji/ Rava / Semolina - 1/4 cup
- Milk- 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar/jaggery - 2 tbsp
- Raisins - 1 tsp
- Cashews - 1.5 tsp chopped
- Cardamom powder - a pinch
- Oil/Ghee - for making dosas
- Keep everything ready. Chop the bread into squares.
- Take chopped bread slices, suji, milk, cardamom powder, cashews, raisins and sugar/jaggery in a blender. Blend everything to a smooth paste.
- Now transfer the blended paste to a vessel. Mix everything well and add some water if the batter is too thick. Heat a tawa or iron skillet, add a ladle of bread batter to it and spread it to form a circle. Don't spread too much. It should be thick like pancakes. Sprinkle oil/ghee. Cook in low medium flame.
- Cook until brown on one side for three minutes and flip it carefully. Repeat the same for remaining bread batter.
- You can use broken wheat rava instead of suji.
- The batter can’t be stored for a long time. So make it quickly as soon as you prepare the batter.
- You can add nuts powder instead of cashews and raisins.
- You could also add egg to this batter.
- Adjust sweetness as per the taste of bread.
- Don’t spread this bread dosa thin.
- Introduce this bread dosa to your baby after introducing bread separate.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.