Ragi Milkshake- easy and healthy milkshake made with ragi/nachni/finger millet, cocoa powder/nuts powder and milk. Ragi milkshake is wholesome and full of nutrients, the best alternative if your child is bored of usual ragi porridge and also a savior when the kids are fussy about eating food. It can be done quickly and can be given to kids from one year as an evening snack or even as a breakfast. So do try this ragi milkshake for your kids and am sure they love it for sure.
Now Let’s get on to check how to make this easy ragi milkshake recipe for toddlers and kids.
- Ragi Flour - 2 tbsp
- water - ¾ cup
- Milk - 1.5 cups
- Cocoa powder/ nuts powder - 1 tbsp
- Brown Sugar/Jaggery powder - 2 tbsp
- Honey - 1 tsp (optional)
- Measure ragi flour and cocoa powder/nuts powder. Take the ragi flour in a saucepan, add ¾ cup of water. Mix it well with a whisk without any lumps.
- Cook the ragi flour in low flame for 8-10 minutes or until its thick and shiny. Switch off the flame once done and cool it down completely.
- Once the ragi is completely cooled down, add it to a blender along with milk, honey, and Brown sugar.
- Blend everything to a smooth paste, pour it in glasses, and serve.
Here is the video of how to make ragi milkshake for toddlers and kids
- Cook the ragi in low flame until the raw smell leaves.
- Make sure to blend the ragi with milk only after the ragi is cooled down completely.
- The drink should be in a smooth consistency, adjust the milk amount accordingly.
- You can use skip cocoa powder /nuts powder and make as a plain milkshake.
- Make sure to introduce each ingredient separate to your baby, before you try this ragi milkshake recipe.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.