Moong Dal Ragi Porridge for Babies – Healthy weight gaining porridge made with homemade ragi moong dal mix. The combination of ragi and moong dal is filling and wholesome for baby, so it can be given as a breakfast for babies from 6 months after introducing each ragi and moong dal separate. Get more information about introducing ragi to babies and ragi recipes here.
Now Let’s check how to make this ragi moong dal porridge for babies & toddlers with homemade ragi moong dal powder.
Moong Dal Ragi Porridge for Babies & Toddlers | Baby Food
- Moong Dal Ragi Powder - 2 tbsp
- Palm sugar Powder/Dates powder/dates syrup - 1 tsp optional
- Homemade Ghee - 1/2 Tsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Sterilize the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Add 2 tbsp of ragi moong dal powder into a pan. Then add 1/2 cup of water to it.
- Add 1/2 tsp of ghee. Mix it well with a whisk so that no lumps are formed.
- Cook the ragi moong dal powder in low, medium flame for 5 minutes or until the ragi gets cooked entirely and becomes shiny. Stir it continuously while cooking otherwise it may stick to the vessel. Once it is cooked, add dates powder/palm sugar powder (if using).
- Mix well. Cook it further for 2-3 minutes with continuous stirring. Switch off the flame once done.
- Feed more water to the baby when giving ragi. Otherwise, it might cause constipation.
- You can add formula milk once the porridge is warm.
- Make sure to cook the ragi thoroughly before serving to baby. If it is undercooked, it may cause loose motion.
- For babies above one year, you can use cows milk instead of water.
- Generally, homemade ragi moong dal powder doesn't cause any allergies, but check for symptoms and stop feeding your baby if you find any.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.