Phool Makhana Porridge - instant protein rich porridge recipe made with homemade phool makhana cereal .This porridge comes handy when travelling with your infant, you can simply mix it with water or milk and feed your baby whenever required.
This phool makhana porridge recipe can be given to babies from 6 months. This porridge tastes bland if given plain, so you can simply add mashed bananas or any fruit puree or mashed sweet potatoes, jaggery syrup, dates syrup or raisins paste to enhance the taste and make it wholesome. For babies above one year, you can make this phool makhana porridge with cow's milk (instead of water) and sugar/jaggery syrup! Tastes delicious!
Here is how to make instant phool makhana porridge recipe for babies and toddlers.
Instant Phool Makhana Porridge Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids
- Homemade Phool Makaha Cereal - ½ cup
- Hot Water - ¾ cup
- Ghee -½ tsp optional
- Dates syrup/any sweetener/fruit puree - 1-2 tbsp optional
- Take ½ cup of phool makhana cereal in a bowl. Add hot water little by little and mix well with a spoon or whisk. Make sure there are no lumps remained.
- Add sweetener at this stage if using. Give a quick stir.Add ghee at the end and mix well.
- The instant phool makhana porridge is ready! Feed your baby warm!
- Add hot water little by little, don't add all the water at once. Stop adding water once the desired porridge consistency is reached.
- You could also use ¾ cup of boiled cows milk instead of water for babies above one year.
- Skip sweetener for babies below one year. Use any fruit puree, mashed sweet potatoes, dates syrup or raisins paste (soak raisins overnight and make a paste with little water using a blender and add it)
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.