Chikku/chickoo milkshake is one of my little daughters favorite and can have it any time of the day. It’s a simple milkshake with chikkus, milk and honey. Chikkus are rich in iron and best for summer. It’s healthy, delicious and definitely a thirst quencher for summer heat.Chikku has so many health benefits for toddlers and kids: good for eyes, improves digestion, cures constipation etc & best for pregnant women too. This chikku milkshake can be given to babies from one year. Check here on when and how to include chikku in baby’s diet.
Now let’s get on to check how to prepare chikku milkshake recipe for toddlers and kids.
- Chikku fruit - 3 medium size
- Honey - 1 tbsp
- Cold Milk - 1 cup
- Wash the chikkus in running water thoroughly. Peel the skin off from the Chikku and take the thick pulp.Remove the seeds. Repeat the same process for remaining chikkus.
- Then take half of the milk in blender and add chopped chikku pieces. Blend until the chikkus are well blended with milk.Now add the remaining milk & honey. Blend everything till smooth.
- For babies below one year, you can make this chikku milkshake with formula milk or breastmilk.
- Make sure to remove the seeds from Chikku.
- You can also keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes and serve.