Chicken and rice baby food is an excellent choice for mothers who want to provide their little ones with a balanced and wholesome meal. It is packed with protein, essential for muscle growth and development, and carbohydrates, which provide energy and support healthy brain function.
As a mother, you want to ensure that your baby receives all the nutrients for healthy growth and development. Chicken and rice baby food are perfect for babies just starting to explore new tastes and textures. It is also an excellent option for babies who may be underweight and need extra calories. It can be given to babies who are ten months plus.
Now let us check how to make Chicken Rice/khichdi recipes for babies, toddlers, and kids. Also, check other non-veg recipes Chicken Soup, Chicken Briyani, Chicken Curry, Chicken Kurma, Mutton Soup, Salmon Fry, and others
Chicken and Rice Baby Food
- Rice - ½ cup
- Big Onion - 1 medium sized
- Tomato - 1 medium sized
- Green chilli - 1
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Chicken- ½ cup
- Turmeric powder -⅛ tsp
- Coriander leaves - a handful
- Water - 3.5 cups
- Salt - as required (skip for below 1 year)
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Wash Chicken well and cut them into small cubes. Add Chicken and water in a saucepan with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder. Boil the chicken until its cooked. Switch off the flame. Then drain the water and keep it ready. Chop Onions, garlic, green chili ,and tomatoes. Keep it ready.
- After 10 minutes, drain the water from the soaked rice. In a pressure cooker add soaked rice, ⅛ teaspoon of turmeric powder, required salt and 3.5 cups of water. Then close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook everything in a medium flame for three to four whistles. Set aside.
- Add boiled chicken pieces into a mixer/food processor and mice it for 2-3 seconds. Don't grind it to a smooth paste.
- Heat a thick bottomed pan with ghee & oil. Add cumin seeds, Let it crackle. Then add chopped.green chilies and garlic. Give a quick stir. Now add onions. Saute them nicely until golden brown.
- Once the onions become transparent , add tomatoes. Fry tomatoes until the raw smell of tomatoes leaves and become mushy.
- Now add minced chicken and a little salt. Mix it well and cook it on a low medium flame for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Switch off the flame once done.
- Now open the cooker and add the chicken onion tomato mixture to the cooked rice. Mix it gently till it is incorporated well. Garnish with coriander leaves and top with ghee if required.
- Don't grind the chicken to a smooth paste. Just mince it for a few seconds.
- Add red chili powder and garam masala for older kids for a spicy version.
- While pressure-cooking rice, you could add vegetables like carrots or peas to this khichdi.
- Make sure to introduce everything separately before you try this khichdi.
- Always serve the khichdi hot or warm. Otherwise, it will become dry.
- Any regular cooking rice can be used to prepare this khichdi.
- For ½ cup of rice, 3.5 cups of water are sufficient with prior rice soaking. If you want it too mushy add 4 cups of water.
- Skip green chilli for small babies.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Leave a Reply