Salmon fish fry - Indian style mildly spiced, shallow fried, kids friendly salmon fish fry recipe. Salmon is packed with DHA and omega-3 fatty acids which helps in brain development and its is perfect for babies and small kids as it contains low level of mercury. Certain type of fishes(swordfish, shark, king mackerel etc) contain highest level of mercury which are harmful for brain development and nervous system. And its not only nutritious but also very tasty. This salmon fish fry is apt for kids from one year. Check more information here on introducing fish for babies.
Check other kids friendly fish recipes here:
Salmon fish fry Recipe for Toddlers and Kids | Fish Recipes
- Oil - for shallow/deep frying
- Salmon fish - 450 gm or 1 lb
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
- lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- Corn flour - 1 to 2 tbsp
- Salt - 3/4 tsp
- Clean the salmon fish. Wash it thoroughly in running water and drain the water completely, remove the scales and skin from it. Then cut them into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a plate , take red chilli powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, corn flour, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice and salt. Mix it well with your hand or use a spoon.
- Coat the fish pieces with the mix on one side well and repeat the same for other side too. Coat the masala for each separately. Marinate the fish pieces for 2 hours at least. I kept it in refrigerator for 3 hours.Heat oil in a pan until very hot.
- Then place the fish pieces carefully and fry it for 5 minutes. Then turn the fish pieces with care and cook it for 3 minutes or until done. Remove from the pan and drain off the excess oil on kitchen towel or tissue.
- Choose salmon fillet instead of salmon streak for small kids as it contains no or less bones.
- Make sure to cook the fish thoroughly, debone and mince it thoroughly before feeding small babies in order to avoid choking
- Instead of shallow fry, you can deep fry the fish pieces in oil too.
- You can opt for any fish variety that suits to make this fry instead of salmon.
- Marination time is important for the spice powders to get attached to the fish pieces. So don't skip it.
- Reduce the spices according to your preference.
- Fry the fish pieces in hot oil so that the marinade will not leave the fish.