Fish is an excellent source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. That helps in development of brain and eyes. Hence fish should be a part of healthy diet. It’s recommended that adults and even children eat fish at least once a week. Fish fry is regular in our Sunday lunch menu. I started cooking more fish recipes as my baby loves fish. She goes crazy whenever I offer this pomfret fish fry for her.
Here is how to make delicious pomfret fish fry.
Pomfret fish fry Recipe | Fish Recipes
- Oil - for shallow frying
- Pomfret fish - 350 gms
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
- Corn flour - 1 tbsp
- Salt - 3/4 tsp
- Clean the fish pieces and dry them thoroughly. Set aside. In a plate , take red chilli powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, corn flour, ginger garlic paste and salt. Mix it well with your hand or use a spoon. Add little water if needed.
- Coat the fish pieces with the mix on one side well and repeat the same for other side too. Marinate the fish pieces for 30 minutes at least. I kept it in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan until very hot. Then place the fish pieces carefully and fry it for 5 minutes. Then turn the fish pieces with care and cook it for 3 minutes or until done. Remove from the pan and drain off the excess oil on kitchen towel or tissue.
- Instead of shallow fry, you can deep fry the fish pieces in oil too.
- You can opt for any fish variety that suits to make fry instead of pomfret.
- Marination time is important for the spice powders to get attached to the fish pieces. So don’t skip it.
- Reduce the spices according to your preference.
- Fry the fish pieces in hot oil so that the marinade will not leave the fish.