Simple Chicken Curry- Easy, quick, tasty chicken curry recipe with less spices and no coconut,goes well with idli,dosa,chapati and rice!. I am getting few requests to post simple chicken curry recipe which is suitable for toddlers and kids. This simple chicken curry recipe is our family favorite and it needs only simple ingredients that are sure to be in your pantry! This chicken curry can be given to babies from one year after introducing chicken separately. Check more information here on introducing chicken to babies here. Also Check out my simple egg curry recipe here.
Here is how to make easy chicken curry recipe for toddlers and kids.
Easy Chicken Gravy Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Chicken - ½ kg
- Onion - 1 large sized
- Tomato - 1 large sized
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Green chilies - 1 to 2
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder - ½ tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala powder - ⅛ tsp
- Corainder leaves - a handful
- Cashews -10
- Water - 1 cup
- Salt - as required
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon - ¼ inch piece
- Cloves - 2
- Cardamom - 1
- Cardamom seeds - ½ tsp
- Slice onions, chop tomatoes finely. Slit green chillies. Roughly chop coriander and mint leaves. Set aside. Wash chicken pieces and keep it ready along with other ingredients.
- Grind the tomatoes in a small blender/mixie to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Soak cashews in warm water for 10 minutes and then grind it to a smooth paste. Keep it ready.
- Heat a pressure cooker with oil. Add cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds & cardamom. Fry for a minute and then add onions. Saute them nicely until golden brown.
- Once onions becomes transparent , add ginger garlic paste and fry until raw smell leaves.
- Now add pureed tomatoes. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, and required salt.Fry everything until the raw smell of tomatoes leaves.
- Now add the washed chicken pieces and saute them nicely for 3-5 minutes until the masalas are coated well with chicken. Then add the cashews paste and mix well.
- Now Add a cup of water and bring it to a boil. Then close the lid of pressure cooker and cook everything in a medium flame for two whistles or the chicken gets cooked well. You can also cover with a lid and cook until the chicken is soft instead of pressure cooking. Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and simmer it for 5 minutes until thick. Switch off the flame once done and garnish with coriander leaves if required.
- You can also cover with a lid and cook until the chicken is soft instead of pressure cooking.
- If you want this chicken curry to be more flavorful, marinate the chicken with spice powders (instead of adding them in cooker) for 15 minutes.
- Chicken leaves out water while cooking and hence adjust water accordingly.
- Adjust spices & green chilli according to your preference.
- Chicken with bones are preferable for making this chicken gravy.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Leave a Reply