Peaches or Nectarines are almost same (with equivalent nutrients) except peaches have fuss on their skin. Both are loaded with vitamin C, vitamin A and contain a great amount of fiber. Like other P fruits (Plums, Pear, Papaya, Prunes, Pineapple), peaches have natural laxatives, hence its a great fruit to offer when baby is constipated. This peach juice can be given to babies from 6 months occasionally or when baby is constipated (start with a small amount). Read more on about giving juices to babies.
The sweet tasting peaches or nectarines are easily digestible hence it can be given as a first food to babies from 6 months. When you introduce, you can offer as steamed peach puree, slowly move into mashed, cut tiny pieces of peaches as finger food to your child around 8 months. Peaches goes well with bananas, avocados etc, you could combine peaches with those fruits to make it more tasty.
Look for a ripe and sweet peaches. It should slightly yield on a gentle pressure. Always opt for organic peaches/nectarines which is pesticides free.
Peach Juice Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids
- Peaches/Nectarines - 3
- Water - ¾ cup
- Honey/Sugar - 1 tsp optional
- Wash the peaches/nectarines in running water thoroughly. Boil water in a saucepan until rollling boil and switch off the flame once done. Place the peaches in the hot water for 2-3 minutes. Then plunge into cool water immediately.
- Remove from hot water and place it on a cutting board, peel the skin off from the peaches using a peeler. Then chop them into cubes. Remove the pits and seeds in the centre and discard.
- Then take the chopped peach pieces and sweetener of your choice (if using) in a juicer/blender. Blend everything till smooth. Add the required amount of water to grind smooth. Pour it in serving glass.
- For better results, choose ripe and sweet tasting peaches.
- Increase sweetener as per your preference. Skip sugar or honey for babies below one year.
- Always check with your baby's doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Give a gentle steam for 5 minutes for small babies to ensure easier digestion.
- Give only a small amount when you introduce this juice to your child. Also it's recommended to dilute the juice with water when you introduce.
- For babies below one year, prefer juices occasionally as breastmilk or formula should be major until one year.
Our baby needs good amount of vitamin, minerals, protein and other substances. Therefore we should go for healthy foods for our baby and in case of liquid food juice and milk is really essential. In the beginning day's milk is very much essential and after that we can also go for different types of fruit juice. Here we can get some quick tips on how to prepare peach juice for our baby. I would like to follow the ingredients from here to prepare peach juice for our baby.
Can I refrigerate or freeze Peach puree? For how many days will it stay good? Thank you
yes you can refrigerate the peach puree...Refrigerate in air tight containers for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 3 months. thaw it before using
Thank you. I just tried to refrigerate the Peach Puree (removed the skin directly as it was soft peach, cut into pieces and pureed the pieces). The puree was light in color when fresh. I kept it in the refrigerator and the next day the puree turned dark in color. The taste was the same. Is the color change okay and the peach puree still good to use ?
If the peaches are overly ripe, add an acidic juice like lemon to keep the fruit from darkening. guess its still good to use
Can we give fresh juice of peacj or it really needs to boil?
boiling/steaming helps to peel off the skin easily...if you dont want to boil, you may have to use peaches with skin...If its for babies above one year, you can try with skin..choose organic ones in that case...