Pineapples are loaded with vitamin C, and dietary fiber which makes a healthy food for toddlers and kids. It’s also a good aid for digestion. Fresh pineapple juice is best to offer during summer and when your kid is constipated as its work as a best remedy to cute constipation. This fresh pineapple juice can be given to kids after one year(start with a small amount).
Pineapples are highly acidic in nature and hence its ideal to introduce pineapple for babies after one year. However, if you want to introduce it before one year, you could offer a small piece after 9 months and check whether the baby is able to cope up with the fruit without any difficulties. When you introduce, you can offer cut tiny pieces of pineapple as finger food to your child. Don’t offer large chunks as they might lead to choking hazard.
Look for a ripe and sweet pineapple fruit. A ripe pineapple should smell sweet and pleasant, also if you try pulling one of the leaves from the crown of the fruit it should come easily. Never offer unripe pineapple to your baby, it might cause adverse reactions like diarrhea, vomiting etc.
Fresh Pineapple Juice Recipe for Toddlers and Kids | Beverages
- Pineapple - 1/2 of medium sized pineapple
- Water - as required
- Honey/Sugar - 1 tsp optional
- Wash the pineapple in running water thoroughly. Place it on a cutting board and cut off the stem and base of the fruit.
- Cut them in the centre into two parts. Make it stand on its end, remove the skin using a sharp knife. Then slice it, cut out the sharp parts in each slice and cube them.
- Then take the chopped pineapple pieces and sweetener of your choice(if using) in a juicer/blender. Blend everything till smooth. Add some water to grind smooth if needed.
- After grinding to a smooth paste, sieve it using a strainer to collect the juice.
- Add water to dilute the juice if desired or pour it in serving glass.
- Some pineapple fruits can make your mouth tingle a little bit. So be sure to choose only ripe and sweet tasting pineapples.
- Always Choose ripe pineapples for the kids.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Make sure to introduce pineapple separate to your baby before you try this pineapple juice.
- Try with a small amount when you introduce this juice to your child. Also it’s recommended to dilute the juice with water when you introduce.