Vegetable Oats Porridge is an easy, quick, one-pot savory porridge for babies and toddlers made with a pressure cooker. This vegetable oats porridge is the best alternative for fruits oats porridge when your baby is bored of it. It is effortless to make, only chopping the veggies takes time, and if that's ready, this porridge can be done in a jiffy.
This vegetable oats porridge is wholesome and filling that it can be given to babies to babies from 8 months as breakfast or even lunch. You can use any vegetables of your choice to make this healthy porridge! Do try and let me know how your baby likes it!
Vegetable oats porridge for Babies and Toddlers
- Pressure cooker
- ½ Cup Oats
- ¼ Cup Potato cubed
- ¼ Cup Carrot Chopped
- 2 tablespoon Peas
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1.5 Cup Water
- Wash and Chop all vegetables into bite-size pieces. Set aside. Add ½ cup of oats in a pressure cooker. Dry roast it until nice aroma comes. Then add cubed potatoes.
- Add green peas followed by chopped carrots.
- Add garlic and cumin seeds.
- Then add required water and salt as needed. Skip the salt for babies below one year.
- Add in a teaspoon of ghee at this stage. Then close the lid of a pressure cooker and cook everything in a medium flame for two whistles.
- Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and mash the porridge with a masher slowly. You can also blend the porridge using a blender/mixer instead of mashing it. If the porridge is too thick, add prepared formula milk or coconut milk or boiled cows milk.
- Don't use cows milk for babies below one year.Mix well and serve the oats vegetable porridge warm!
- Adding milk to this porridge is optional. But it enhances the taste.
- You can use any seasonal vegetables of your choice.
- Make sure to introduce oats and each vegetable separately to0 your baby before you try this porridge.
- Any oats can be used to prepare this porridge. Get more information about introducing and selecting oats to baby here.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Leave a Reply