Sweet Potato Wedges Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Sweet potato - 1 big sized
- Olive oil - 1.5 tbsp
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Oregano - 1.5 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Preheat the oven to 200 C and grease the baking tray lightly with oil.
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Slice them lengthwise and cut them into wedges. In a mixing bowl add olive oil, chilli powder, salt, and oregano. Mix them well.
- Now add the sweet potato slices to the mix and toss it well. Transfer them into a greased baking tray.
- Now bake the sweet potato for 40 minutes in a preheated oven. After the first 20 minutes, remove the baking tray from oven and turn all the wedges. Return to the oven and bake them again for another 20 minutes or until it's done. If you are going to fry, shallow fry them with little oil in a pan until it's cooked well on both the sides. Once done, remove from baking tray and serve.
- Add more oil to coat the sweet potato wedges if it is not sufficient.
- Baking time depend on sweet potato size and thickness. If you use one large sweet potato for about 20 minutes, it may take in the oven. Smaller sweet potato might take less time than that. So keep an eye after 10 minutes to avoid burning.
- You can also add a tsp of lemon juice while serving for a tangy flavor.
- Baking time depends on the oven temperature.
- Cut the sweet potatoes evenly so that all gets cooked evenly.
- You can also use regular cooking oil instead of olive oil.
- Adjust spiciness as per your preference.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.