Sweet Potato cutlets - healthy evening snack for toddlers and kids made with sweet potato. Recently I have tried this sweet potato cutlet recipe, it's just so delicious! This is one must try recipe and am sure that even sweet potato haters will enjoy this yummy tasting cutlets. The method of making is simple and quite similar to the broccoli cutlets which I posted a while ago. This sweet potato cutlets are ideal for babies from one year. You can check more sweet potato recipes here if you are interested.
Sweet Potato Cutlet Recipe for Toddlers and Kids | Sweet Potato Patties
- Sweet Potato - 2 medium sized
- Onion - 1 small sized finely chopped
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
- Red chilli powder powder- 1/2 tsp
- Bengal gram flour - 3 tbsp
- Rice flour - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - a handful
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Salt- as required
- Oil - as needed for shallow frying
- Measure and keep all ingredients ready. Wash and pressure cook sweet potato with a cup of water for 3 whistles in medium flame.
- Once pressure released, mash the sweet potatoes well and set aside. Finely chop onions & coriander leaves. Keep it ready. Now in a wide bowl, add mashed sweet potatoes, coriander leaves, onion, salt and Bengal gram flour and rice flour.
- Mix everything well. Make sure there is less moisture in the dough. Then divide them into equal parts and roll them into patties.
- Then heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the cutlets in medium low flame until golden brown on both the sides. It takes at least 5 minutes to cook on each side.
- Make patties in medium size for better results.
- You can replace Bengal gram dal with fried gram dal flour or even bread crumbs.
- If you can't able to form patties, then you could add more bread crumbs/bengal gram flour.
- Be patient while shallow frying and it may take 5 minutes for each side.
- You can plus or minus the spices as per your liking.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Make sure to introduce everything separate to your baby before you try this sweet potato cutlets.