Broccoli cutlets - healthy evening snack for toddlers and kids made with broccoli and potato. It is one of the nicest way to sneak broccoli into a kid's diet. It is very easy and quick to make with minimal ingredients. These broccoli cutlets are ideal for babies from one year. You can check more broccoli recipes here if you are interested. Do give a try and am sure you will like it:)
Here is how to make easy and healthy broccoli cutlets for toddlers and kids.
Broccoli cutlet recipe for toddlers and kids
- Broccoli - 1 cup florets
- Potato - 1 medium sized
- Onion - 1 small sized
- Ginger- 1 small piece chopped finely
- Turmeric powder - ⅛ tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Bread crumbs/Bengal gram flour/sooji or rava - 3 tbsp
- Corainder leaves - a handful
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Oil - as needed for shallow frying
- Measure and keep all ingredients ready. Wash and pressure cook potato with a cup of water for 2 whistles. Once pressure released, mash the potatoes well and set aside. Wash and clean broccoli florets. Then soak them into hot water for 3 minutes. Dry them completely with a kitchen towel and keep it ready.
- Finely chop onions, corainder leaves and ginger. Keep it ready. Mince the dried broccoli florets in a blender and keep it ready.
- Now in a wide bowl, add minced broccoli, mashed potatoes, corainder leaves, ginger,onion, salt and Bengal gram flour/bread crumbs. Mix everything well and add lemon juice. Make sure there is no or less moisture in the dough. Then divide them into equal parts and roll them into patties.
- Then heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the cutlets in medium low flame until golden brown on both the sides. It takes at least 5 minutes to cook on each side.
The healthy broccoli cutlet is ready!
- If you couldn't able to form patties, then you could add more bread crumbs/Bengal gram flour.
- Be patient while shallow frying and take care not to burn cutlets.
- You can plus or minus spices as per your liking's.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Make sure to introduce everything separate to your baby before you try this broccoli cutlet.