Sesame Ladoo/Til Ladoo/Ellu Urundai - healthy ladoo recipe made with sesame seeds and jaggery syrup. Sesame seeds are known for its health benefits, they are good for bones, regulates digestion and promotes healthy weight gain in kids as its rich in protein. This sesame ladoo is one of the good way to include sesame seeds in kids diet and its better than any store bought snacks. The method of preparation is very simple only you should get the correct jaggery consistency. This sesame seeds ladoos are ideal for kids from one year.
Here is how to make healthy and tasty sesame ladoos for toddlers and kids.
Sesame Ladoo Recipe for Toddlers and Kids |(with Jaggery syrup)
- Sesame Seeds White/Black - 1/2 cup
- Jaggery - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/8 cup
- Whole Cardamom - 1 orCardamom powder - 1/8 tsp
- Measure and keep all the ingredients ready. Roast sesame seeds in a pan for 5 minutes until golden brown. Switch off the flame once done and cool it down.
- Heat jaggery in a pan with water till it immersing level.Switch off the flame once the jaggery melts completely.
- Strain the jaggery water using a strainer to remove impurities. Then start heating the strained jaggery water in low flame.
- In the mean time, take a bowl with water and keep it ready. When the jaggery water becomes little thick, take little bit of syrup in a spoon and add it to the bowl of water. Gather the syrup to make a firm ball with your fingers. If you are able to form a nice ball, that is the correct stage. Switch off the flame and remove the jaggery syrup from heat.
- Immediately add the roasted sesame seeds to the hot jaggery syrup. Add powdered cardamom at this stage. Mix everything together with a spoon.
- Now Start making ladoos by taking a small portion with a spoon. Make ladoos with the remaining mix and store the sesame ladoos in an airtight container.Word of caution here, Jaggery syrup will be hot it may burn the skin if touched directly, but you should be really quick in shaping ladoos. If the mixture is cooled down completely shaping the ladoos are difficult.
- If you couldn't make ladoos after making few balls and the mixture becomes thick to loosen a bit, heat the mixture for one to two minutes and proceed further.
- Jaggery syrup will be hot it may burn the skin if touched directly, but you should be really quick in shaping ladoos. If the mixture is cooled down completely shaping the ladoos are difficult.
- This sesame ladoos stay well for a week if stored in an airtight container.
- Jaggery syrup consistency is very important for making perfect sesame ladoos other wise it may turn hard or loose.
- Make sure you introduce sesame seeds separately to your baby before trying this sesame ladoo.