Poha Chivda Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Thin Poha/ Aval/ Flattened Rice/Beaten Rice - 3 cups
- Ground nut - 2 tbsp
- Roasted Gram Dal - 2 tbsp
- Raisins - 1 tbsp
- Cashews - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Salt - as required
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Keep all ingredients ready. Firstly, take thin poha. Heat a pan and dry roast the poha in low flame until its crisp. Don't let it change the colour. It may take 3-5 minutes.
- Then add a tbsp of oil in the same pan. Add cashews and raisins together. Saute them nicely until cashews turn golden brown.
- Then in the same pan, add roasted gram dal and peanuts together. Fry them for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan once done.
- Now heat remaining oil, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and required salt. Mix well. Then add all the roasted items together, toss it well until all gets mixed well.
- Mix everything well for two to three minutes and switch off the flame. Cool it down completely and store it in an airtight container.
- Use only thin poha for this recipe. If you use thick poha, you should deep fry them instead of shallow frying.
- Squeeze a tsp of lemon juice while serving to get the tangy taste.
- Make sure to cut the nuts into tiny pieces or powder it well for babies below 2 years in order to avoid choking hazard.
- It keeps well for a week if stored in an air tight container and handled properly.
- You can add green chillies for more spiciness.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Make sure to introduce everything separate to your baby before you try this poha Chivda.