Plum is a tasty delicious fruit to consume during summer. Also it's rich in Vitamin C and loaded with fiber, hence its used as a home remedy to treat constipation in babies. This plum juice can be given to babies from 6 months. Do read here on how to introduce and select plums to babies. Please check more information on how to introduce juices to babies here.
Lets get on to check how to make the fresh plum juice for babies, toddlers and kids.
Plum Juice Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids
- Plums - 5 medium sized
- Water - 2 cups
- Sugar - 2 tsp optional
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp from half of a small lemon (optional)
- Wash the plums in running water thoroughly. Place the washed plums in a saucepan with water till it immersed level. Boil the plums for 2-3 minutes and switch off the flame. Immediately pour some cold water on plums to stop cooking.
- Then remove the outer layer using a knife and chop them into cubes. Transfer the chopped plum cubes to the blender along with water, sugar and lemon juice (if using).
- Blend it until smooth. Now Strain through a strainer and collect the juice in a vessel.
- Mix well and pour it in glasses and serve!
- You could make this plum juice without lemon too. And avoid lemon juice if your child has citrus allergy.
- Skip sweetener if the watermelons are sweet enough.
- Always serve the juice fresh.
- You can add ice cubes to the juice if you want it more chilled. But it's not advisable for small children.
- Always remember that breast milk or formula should be major for babies until one year hence prefer juices occasionally and when baby is sick.
- If making this juice for babies of age 6-12 months, Skip sugar & ice cubes.