Oranges are packed with Vitamin C and antioxidants, it also helps improving immunity and good for skin too:) Its one of the great fruit to offer when baby is constipated. This fresh Orange juice can be given to babies from 10 months occasionally and when baby is constipated (start with a small amount). Read more on about giving juices to babies.
When you introduce, you can offer as mashed orange pulp after removing the seeds or as this Orange juice. Until 4 years its highly recommended to cut bite size pieces when you offer oranges as a finger food in orders to avoid choking!Here is how to make fresh orange juice recipe for babies, toddlers and kids.
Orange Juice Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids
- Oranges - 4
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Honey - 1 tsp optional
- Wash the oranges in running water thoroughly. Cut them in half horizontally.
- Squeeze each half of orange by your hand using an orange juicer. Collect the juice in a bowl attachment comes with a citrus juicer. Filter the juice using a strainer and add water, honey & mix well.
Fresh orange juice is ready!
Hope you liked this recipe.
- If the oranges are sweet enough, skip adding honey.
- Adjust sweetener as per your preference. Skip honey for babies below one year.
- Bring the oranges to room temperature before squeezing so that it will be easy to squeeze.
- Always check with your baby’s doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Give only a small amount when you introduce this juice to your child. Also it’s recommended to dilute the juice with water when you introduce.
- For babies below one year, prefer juices occasionally as breastmilk or formula should be major until one year.