Oats Chocolate Cookies- easy and delicious cookie recipe made with oats/oats flour,cocoa powder and chocolate chips! I have already posted oats chocolate chip cookies, this is a slight variation from it. This cookies are very crispy, with the blend of chocolate flavor its a perfect treat for kids! This oats chocolate cookies can be given to toddlers after one year. Check some more healthy cookie recipes for Toddlers and Kids here.
Oats Chocolate Cookies Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Oats -1/2 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour - 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
- Baking Soda- 1/8 tsp
- Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 1/4 cup or 1/2 butter stick or 57.5 gms
- Boiled Milk - 2tbsp
- Salt -1/8 tsp
- Measure and keep all ingredients ready. Also preheat the oven to 180 deg C for 10 minutes. Take 3/4 cup of oats in a blender and grind it to a slightly coarse powder. If using whole oats for making cookies, skip this step.
- Take the butter in a vessel and melt it. Once the butter is melted, switch off the flame and add vanilla essence. Now add the boiled milk and mix it once again. Give a quick stir. Then add brown sugar to it.
- Mix well until the sugar is completely melted. In a mixing bowl, take the grounded oats flour and add cocoa powder, wheat flour, salt and baking soda to it. Mix well. Then add the butter sugar mix to the dry ingredients.
- Start kneading the dough with your hands gently and continue kneading until you get the non sticky dough consistency. Once the non sticky dough consistency is reached, keep the cookie dough in refrigerator for 10 mins. In the meantime, line the cookie tray with a cookie sheet/parchment paper. After 10 mins, take the cookie dough from the refrigerator and start making balls and flatten it using your palms.
- Arrange the cookies in parchment paper, place chocolate chip over the cookies if desired and bake in the preheated oven for 25 -30 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the cookies and oven) at 180° C till cookies are browned at the bottom. Allow to cool in tray for 5 minutes and serve the cookies.
The delicious oats chocolate chip cookies are ready to serve !
- Adjust with wheat flour and milk while kneading the dough to reach the non sticky dough consistency.
- Adding chocolate chips to this cookies is completely optional.
- For textured cookies use whole oats instead of oats flour .
- The cookies stays well for a week at room temperature if stored in an airtight container.
- Keep an eye on the oven after 20 minutes of baking and check cookies turned brown at the bottom though the cookies may look soft. After cooling down the cookies will turn crunchy.
- You can even powder the sugar for making the process easy.
- Mixing and measurements are most important for the perfect cookies.