Moong dal ladoo is a healthy ladoo made with jaggery and ghee that makes a great snack for toddlers and kids. The taste, texture and flavor is so good. I like moongdal ladoo so much, so my little daughter:) It can be given to kids after one year (start with little amount). If you are looking for other healthy ladoo recipes for your little ones, Check poha ladoo and peanut Ladoo recipes too.
Moong dal Ladoo Recipe for Toddlers and Kids |Pasi paruppu Ladoo
- Moong dal - 1 cup
- Jaggery - 3/4 cup
- Cardamom - 2
- Cashews - 1 tbsp broken
- Hot Melted Ghee - 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp
- Measure and keep all the ingredients ready. Dry roast moong dal in a medium low flame until golden brown and nice aroma comes.
- Switch off the flame once done. Remove the roasted moong dal from pan. In a tsp of ghee, fry the cashews until golden brown.
- Blend the dry roasted moong dal along with cardamom to a fine powder.
- Then add powdered jaggery to the blender. Grind it again for few seconds until the moong dal and jaggery are well blended.
- Sieve the ground moong dal jaggery mix once or twice to get a fine powder and discard the grainy particles. Set aside. Grind the grainy particles again and sieve if necessary.
- Heat ghee in a pan until its hot to touch and keep it ready. Transfer the sieved moong dal jaggery mixture to a plate or bowl and add ghee fried cashews raisins & mix well. Break the lumps formed with your hands. Now add the hot melted ghee little by little and when you are able to hold ladoos, start making balls. Store it in air tight container once done.
- Make sure to roast the moong dal well at the same keep an eye on the flame to not to burn it.
- Make sure to break the lumps formed.
- Add hot ghee little by liitle so that you could able to hold shapes. Also separate into portions and add ghee if you are not able to hold ladoo in that way you can control the amount of ghee
- Sieving the powder is really important to get fine ladoos.
- You can adjust the amount of jaggery as per your liking's.
- Store the ladoos in a air tight container at room temperature. It stays well for a week.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Make sure to introduce everything separate to your baby before you try this moong dal ladoo.