Mint chutney is one of our family favorite and I make it often for Idli/dosa. It goes well with curd rice too. Fresh mint leaves provides lot of nutrients and we include this greens as this chutney or add while making pulao & biriyani. It's fresh, flavorful & healthy and very easy to make.
Mint Chutney / Pudhina Chutney (South Indian Style) | Side dishforIdliDosa
- Fresh mint leaves - 1 small bunch
- Coconut scrapped - 1/4 cup
- Green chillies - 2 to 3
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Roasted Gram dal - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Salt - as required
- Take the mint leaves from the stalks and wash it well.
- Heat a pan with oil and add the mint leaves. Saute the leaves initial it shrinks and switch off the flame.
- Now grind the mint leaves along with green chillies, coconut, gram dal, turmeric powder and salt. Once it blends well, transfer it to a serving bowl.