Kiwi fruit is rich in nutrients which makes a great healthy food for babies, toddlers and kids. I randomly tried this creamy green kiwi banana smoothie and surprisingly it turned out good. Adding Banana to this smoothie helps in getting creamy texture and subsides the slight sour & bitter taste of the kiwi fruit. This kiwi banana smoothie can be given to babies from 10 months(start with little amount) and it makes a nice healthy breakfast smoothie option for toddlers and kids!
Here is how to make kiwi banana smoothie for babies, toddlers and kids.
Kiwi Banana Smoothie for Babies, Toddlers and Kids | Kiwi for Babies
- Kiwi- 2 nos
- Banana - 1/2 cup chopped
- Cocount milk/ Cocount water/cow's milk - 1 cup
- Homemade almond powder - 1 tsp optional
- Honey/Sugar - 1 tsp optional
- Wash the kiwi in running water thoroughly. Place it on a cutting board and slice off both the end of the fruit.
- Insert a spoon in between skin and flesh of the kiwi fruit. Rotate the spoon around the fruit and pop the fruit from the skin. Then slice the fruit vertically or horizontally.
- Next, Slice the banana into thin circles.Then take the chopped banana pieces,chopped kiwi pieces, coconut milk/cocount water/cow's milk in a juicer/blender. Blend everything till smooth.
- Don’t use sugar/honey/cow’s milk for babies under one year of age.
- Some kiwi fruits can make your mouth tingle a little bit. In that case, have water.
- Choose ripe and small sweet tasting banana variety for best results.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- You can make this kiwi banana smoothie with cow’s milk/coconut milk/coconut water. It’s purely your choice. I used coconut milk,
- Sometimes adding cow’s milk to some kiwi variety makes it tastes bitter.
- Make sure to introduce everything separate to your baby before you try this smoothie.