Dry Fruits Milkshake - fresh, homemade, healthy milkshake with dry fruits and nuts. This dry fruits milkshake is one of the best way to include nuts and dry fruits in kids diet, as its very tasty and addictive:) It is also considered as one of the best weight gaining recipe for kids as it has all the essential nutrients required for the kids.
Dry fruits milkshake is so filling and hence it can be given as a breakfast when your kid fusses about food. Soaking nuts and dry fruits before making this milkshake is optional but reduces the heat caused from nuts. This dry fruits milkshake can be given to Toddlers from one year after introducing all nuts & dry fruits separate and ruled out allergies. Now let's get on to check how to make dry fruits milkshake recipe for toddlers and Kids.
Dry Fruits Milkshake Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Milk - 3 cups Boiled & Cooled
- Brown Sugar/Honey/Jaggery- 2 tbsp optional
- Saffron- few strands
- Almonds - 8
- Cashews - 8
- Pistachios - 8
- Raisins -8
- Dates - 5
- Figs -2
- Cardamom Powder - ¼ tsp
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Soak all the nuts and dry fruits in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Soak saffron in a tablespoon of milk and set aside. After 30 minutes, take the soaked nuts, saffron mix and sugar in a blender. Add 1 cup of milk now.
- Grind the nuts and dry fruits to a smooth paste. Once the nuts and dry fruits are ground smooth, add the remaining 2 cups of milk.
- Run the blender/mixie again for 30 seconds. Pour the dry fruits milkshake in glasses and serve.
For small kids, Make sure to grind the nuts and dry fruits to a smooth paste in order to avoid choking.
- Soaking the nuts and dry fruits is optional, but recommended during summer as soaking reduces the heat caused by nuts.
- With the above mentioned ingredients and quantity, this makes 4 servings.
- When you introduce this milkshake to your kid, give small amount.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food to your baby.
- Skip sweetener if the sweetness from the dry fruits are sufficient.
- You can use nuts and dry fruits of your own choice.
- Make sure to try this dry fruits milkshake recipe after introducing each ingredient separate to your kid.
Wow!! Great recepie for kids like mine who hate to eat dry fruits. Thank you for sharing awesome recepies and I'l surely try this for my son. I'v just started my blog and I'm getting a lot to learn from your's. Thank you!
How often can we give this to kids aged 6 yrs
And one yr plus
during summers it may increase heat in body, hence prefer once in a while..3-4 times can be given during monsoon or winter seasons
Can i prepare this before going to bed and give to my 2yrs old baby in the middle of night without storing in freeze bcz she won't like cold
yes it stays good for 3-4 hours at room temperature..Store it in flask and give
Hi!! Dont we need to strain it out before serving!!?? Thank you?
yes if there are chunky pieces
Instead of milk can I add sesame milk as my ain allergy to milk
yes can try
Can start this for my six months old baby n what should be the proportion
it is suitable for one year plus babies
Can we give this dry fruits milkshake daily to 18 months baby.
weekly 2-3 times you can give