Dry Fruits Milkshake - fresh, homemade, healthy milkshake with dry fruits and nuts. This dry fruits milkshake is one of the best way to include nuts and dry fruits in kids diet, as its very tasty and addictive:) It is also considered as one of the best weight gaining recipe for kids as it has all the essential nutrients required for the kids.
Dry fruits milkshake is so filling and hence it can be given as a breakfast when your kid fusses about food. Soaking nuts and dry fruits before making this milkshake is optional but reduces the heat caused from nuts. This dry fruits milkshake can be given to Toddlers from one year after introducing all nuts & dry fruits separate and ruled out allergies. Now let's get on to check how to make dry fruits milkshake recipe for toddlers and Kids.
Dry Fruits Milkshake Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Milk - 3 cups Boiled & Cooled
- Brown Sugar/Honey/Jaggery- 2 tbsp optional
- Saffron- few strands
- Almonds - 8
- Cashews - 8
- Pistachios - 8
- Raisins -8
- Dates - 5
- Figs -2
- Cardamom Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Soak all the nuts and dry fruits in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Soak saffron in a tbsp of milk and set aside. After 30 minutes, take the soaked nuts, saffron mix and sugar in a blender. Add 1 cup of milk now.
- Grind the nuts and dry fruits to a smooth paste. Once the nuts and dry fruits are ground smooth, add the remaining 2 cups of milk.
- Run the blender/mixie again for 30 seconds. Pour the dry fruits milkshake in glasses and serve.
- For small kids, Make sure to grind the nuts and dry fruits to a smooth paste in order to avoid choking.
- Soaking the nuts and dry fruits is optional, but recommended during summer as soaking reduces the heat caused by nuts.
- With the above mentioned ingredients and quantity, this makes 4 servings.
- When you introduce this milkshake to your kid, give small amount.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food to your baby.
- Skip sweetener if the sweetness from the dry fruits are sufficient.
- You can use nuts and dry fruits of your own choice.
- Make sure to try this dry fruits milkshake recipe after introducing each ingredient separate to your kid.