Dry Fruits ladoo recipe for babies, toddlers and kids – easy, quick, no sugar energy balls made with a mix of dry fruits and nuts. My little daughter loves to eat dry fruits and nuts, so I make these ladoos once in a while. This ladoos are healthier snack than any store-bought ones and the best part is you can customize it as per your liking’s and preference:)
Dry fruits ladoos are best suited as a healthy snack in between meals and it helps to stay kids energetic throughout the day. These ladoos are naturally sweet and chew-able, hence it is ideal for babies from 10 months or once the baby started chewing the food well. Check other similar healthy ladoo recipes here: Dates Almond Balls and Walnut Ladoos
Dry Fruits Ladoo Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids | Energy Balls Recipe
- Dates - 7
- Raisins - 1/4 cup
- Dried Apricots - 3
- Almonds - 15
- Cashews - 7
- Pistachios - 10
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Measure and keep all ingredients ready. De seed and chop dates roughly. Also cut apricots and raisins roughly into pieces.
- Grind chopped dates, raisins and apricots to a coarse paste using a blender. Set aside.
- Then, grind the almonds,cashews and pistachios to a coarse powder in the same blender along with cardamom powder.
- Add a tbsp of ghee in a pan, add grounded dates and nuts mix together and fry it in low flame for 2-3 minutes or until the dates is soft. Switch off the flame once done and cool it down.
- When the mixture is still warm, start making balls. Store it in a air tight container once done.
- You could alter the number of nuts and dry fruits as per your preference. But make sure to adjust the number of dates and raisins for the sweet taste.
- Make sure to ground the nuts finely for small babies in order to avoid choking hazards.
- This dry fruits ladoo stays well for 4 days at room temperature and keeps well for a week if stored in a refrigerator.
- Sauteeing the dry fruits nuts mix in ghee after grinding is purely optional. But it helps to roll the ladoos easily.
- Always check with your baby’s doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Make sure to introduce everything separate to your baby before you try this dry fruit ladoo for your baby.