Walnuts Ladoo - Quick, easy and healthy ladoos made with walnuts, poha and dates. Walnuts are loaded with omega 3 fatty acids and vitamins hence its good for brain development in growing children. This walnuts ladoo is a healthy treat for babies and kids, it can be served as a snack and its ideal for travel too. It's not only healthy but also tasty, my little daughter loved it and was at the back of me asking for this ladoo:)
This walnut ladoos have a natural sweetness from dates and chew-able, hence its ideal for babies from 10 months once the baby started chewing the food well. Here is how to make easy and tasty walnut ladoo recipe for babies, toddlers and kids.
Walnut Ladoo Recipe For Babies, Toddlers and Kids
- Walnuts - 1/2 cup
- Dates - 1/2 cup or 6-7 big dates
- Poha/Beaten Rice/ Aval - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Measure and keep all ingredients ready. Deseed and chop dates roughly. Dry roast poha in a pan until crisp for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan once done.
- In the same pan, add walnuts and dry roast until its hot to touch. Switch off the flame and Cool it down. Firstly, grind the poha and walnuts in a blender along with cardamom powder to a coarse powder.
- Then add chopped dates to a blender and give a run so that dates gets mixed with powdered walnuts.
- Add a tbsp of ghee in a pan, add dates poha walnuts mix and fry it in low flame for 2-3 minutes or until the dates is soft. Switch off the flame once done and cool it down.
- When the mixture is still warm, start making balls. Store it in an airtight container once done.
- Sauteing the walnut poha mix after grinding is purely optional. But it helps to roll the ladoos easily.
- Make sure to ground the walnuts finely for small babies in order to avoid choking hazard.
- This walnuts ladoo stay well for 4 days at room temperature.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Make sure to introduce everything separate to your baby before you try this walnuts ladoo.