Blueberries are one of the super food for babies, toddlers and kids as they are high in antioxidants and loaded with fibers, Vitamin C and Vitamin A. This creamy blueberry smoothie is one of the easiest recipe to make with blueberries with just 2 ingredients: Blueberries, Curd/Yogurt. This blueberry smoothie is ideal for babies from 8 months.
- Blueberries - 1 cup
- Curd/yogurt - 1 cup
- Honey - 1 tsp (optional)
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Wash the blueberries in running water thoroughly. Remove the stems and keep it ready.
- Then take the blueberries, curd/yogurt and honey(if using) in a juicer/blender. Blend everything till smooth.
- Wash the blueberries thoroughly before you proceed with the recipe.
- You can add chopped bananas,apples or pears to this smoothie.
- For small babies when you are introducing, gently steam blueberries for 5 minutes then prepare smoothie to ensure easier digestion.
- Make sure to introduce blueberries and curd/yogurt separate before you try this blueberry smoothie.
- Skip honey/sugar for babies below one year.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.