Blueberries are one of the super food for babies, toddlers and kids as they are high in antioxidants and loaded with fibers, Vitamin C and Vitamin A. This creamy blueberry smoothie is one of the easiest recipe to make with blueberries with just 2 ingredients: Blueberries, Curd/Yogurt. This blueberry smoothie is ideal for babies from 8 months.
When to introduce blueberries to babies:
Blueberries are not common allergens, hence it can be given around 8 months of age. When you introduce, u can prefer giving gentle steaming of blueberries for 5 minutes and then puree or mash it. You could give blueberries without steaming too. Slowly you can introduce chopped blueberries as finger food. Blueberries seeds are edible, you might see them in baby's poop and it's completely normal!
How to select Blueberries :
Look for blueberries which are deeply colored and not bruised. Always choose organic blueberries for baby food as the normal ones are contaminated with pesticides.
Here is how to make easy blueberry smoothie for babies, toddlers and kids.
Blueberry Smoothie Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids
Blueberry Smoothie Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids Prep time 10 mins Cook time 5 mins Total time 15 mins Blueberry Smoothie - Creamy smoothie recipe with blueberries and curd/yogurt Author: Kalyani Recipe type: Beverage Cuisine: Indian Serves: 2
- Blueberries - 1 cup
- Curd/yogurt - 1 cup
- Honey - 1 tsp optional
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Wash the blueberries in running water thoroughly. Remove the stems and keep it ready.
- Then take the blueberries, curd/yogurt and honey(if using) in a juicer/blender. Blend everything till smooth.
Tried this recipe?Mention @gkfooddiary or tag #gkfooddiary!
1. Keep all the ingredients ready. Wash the blueberries in running water thoroughly. Remove the stems and keep it ready.
2. Then take the blueberries, curd/yogurt and honey(if using) in a juicer/blender. Blend everything till smooth.
The creamy blueberry smoothie is ready. Serve chilled !!!
- Wash the blueberries thoroughly before you proceed with the recipe.
- You can add chopped bananas,apples or pears to this smoothie.
- For small babies when you are introducing, gently steam blueberries for 5 minutes then prepare smoothie to ensure easier digestion.
- Make sure to introduce blueberries and curd/yogurt separate before you try this blueberry smoothie.
- Skip honey/sugar for babies below one year.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
Can you please tell me where you can find blueberries in Chennai?
You can check at super markets like Nilgris , kovai pazhamuthir or online grocery shopping sites
But we get just blueberries there ..it’s not mentioned as organic.where did u find organic ones in Chennai?
check at Nilgiris or any super market