Avocado pasta - Pasta cooked and tossed in avocado sauce, a great healthy meal for babies, toddlers, and kids. After reading many health benefits of avocados, I never miss them when I go for weekly grocery shopping. I posted an avocado milkshake and avocado sandwich a while ago. Stay tuned for more avocado recipes 🙂
Avocado pasta is my recent try, and it turned out super good and yummy. Pasta is a highly nutritious food, and when it's combined with avocados makes, it is a more healthy and more delicious treat for babies, toddlers, and kids. This creamy avocado pasta can be given to babies from 8 months after introducing pasta and avocado separately.
When to introduce pasta for babies:
Most of the pasta is made with whole wheat, and hence it can be included in a baby's diet from 8 months after introducing wheat to your baby. Have a word with your baby's doctor before you start pasta for your baby. If your baby is not allergic to wheat, the chances of allergies to pasta are very less.
When you introduce, you can offer cooked pasta as finger food by cutting it into tiny pieces around 8 months. If your baby doesn't like the taste of plain pasta, mix it with fruit or veg purees to make it more interesting.
Avocado Pasta recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids | Pasta Recipes
- Avocado - 1 medium sized
- Whole wheat pasta - 1 cup
- Garlic cloves -5 small ones
- Pepper corns - ½ tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Olive oil or cooking oil - 1 tsp
- Measure pasta. Keep it ready along with other ingredients. Cook the pasta with salt in a saucepan of water for 10-12 minutes or follow the instructions given in the pack.
- In the meantime, scoop out the avocado. (Check here on
- how to scoop out the avocado). Add the scooped avocado, pepper corns, lemon juice and garlic cloves to a blender. Blend it to a smooth paste and set aside.
- Once the pasta is cooked, remove from the flame and strain the cooked pasta using a strainer.
- Heat a pan with oil and add cooked pasta. Toss it in oil for a minute.
- Now add avocado paste. Mix everything well until avocado paste is coated well with the pasta. Switch off the flame once done.
- I used penne pasta. You can use any pasta variety to make this avocado pasta.
- Skip the salt for babies below one year.
- Adjust the amount of pepper and garlic according to babies tolerance level.
- For tiny babies, cut into pieces and offer this avocado pasta.
- Make sure to introduce avocado and pasta separately to your baby before you try this avocado pasta recipe.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Thank you for the recipe. Too bad my baby don’t take it at all. The garlic taste too strong. And the lemon added the sour taste. Overall the taste doesn’t blend well.
you can alter it as per your baby's taste buds, can skip lemon n garlic
My daughter loved this recipe! Thank you!
Way way way too garlicky. Next time I would use 1/2 a clove instead of 5