Avocados are high in nutrients and packed with good fat. Its a best weight gaining food for kids & also helps to physical and brain development. Hence its often called as natures perfect food. In India its known as ‘Butter Fruit ‘.
This creamy avocado milkshake is one of the best way to kids eat avocados. Some kids don’t like the taste of avocado as it has a mild flavor. Combining it with bananas or mangoes enhances it taste.
Here is how to make avocado milkshake for toddlers and kids.
- Avocado - 1 medium size riped fruit
- Milk - 1.5 cups
- Mangoes/Bananas mashed - ½ cup
- Honey/Sugar - 1 tsp
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Wash the avocados in running water thoroughly. Cut the avocado vertically into two pieces.
- Remove the big seed in the center part and just scoop out the inner part using a spoon. Collect them in a bowl. Discard the outer layers and seed.
- Mash the bananas or mangoes and keep it ready. Then take the scooped avocado and mashed mangoes/bananas in a juicer/blender
- Grind it to a smooth paste. Then add milk and honey/sugar to it. Blend everything till smooth.
- Choose ripe avocados for best results. Otherwise it may taste bitter.
- You can add either bananas or mangoes to this milkshake. You can make it plain too.
- Make sure to introduce avocados and cows milk separate before you try this avocado milkshake.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.