Eggless whole wheat Milk Cake Recipe – easy and delicious cake recipe made with whole wheat flour, milk and no eggs! This cake is so spongy and melt in mouth with the goodness of whole wheat flour. I saw this recipe from YouTube and was tempted to try immediately. It turned out super tasty and a keeper recipe to try for any special occasion like birthday. It will be a super hit among kids and sure a no fail recipe. This whole wheat milk cake can be given to toddlers after one year occasionally as a rare treat!
- Whole Wheat Flour -1.5 Cups
- Baking Soda - ½ tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- sweetened condensed milk - 200 gms
- White sugar/ Brown Sugar - ¼ cup
- Warm milk - ½ cup or 125 ml
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Unsalted Butter - 2 sticks or 227 gms or 1 cup of melted butter
- Measure and Sieve the whole wheat flour and mix well with baking soda and baking powder. Also preheat the oven to 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Take butter in a pan and melt it. Once the butter is melted, switch off the flame and remove the pan from fire.
- Now add sweetened condensed milk. Mix well with a whisk. Then add warm milk. Give a quick stir.
- Then add sugar, followed by vanilla essence. Mix everything together with a whisk. Now add the sieved whole wheat flour mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Gently fold everything well for 10-15 seconds. Don't over mix. Grease a cake pan with butter. Pour the mixture to the cake tin and gently tape it.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg C for 45-50 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the cake pan and oven) at 180° Celsius till tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in tray for 5 minutes once done. Once the cake is warm, cut into pieces and serve!
- If the top is started browning, cover with aluminum foil after 30 minutes of baking and continue.
- Don’t over mix after adding the dry ingredients, just fold them for 10-15 seconds.
- This milk cake stays well for 4 days at room temperature and keeps good for a week if stored in refrigerator.
- You could add any nuts of your choice.
- Mixing and measurements are most important for the perfect cake.