Eggless whole wheat carrot muffins - easy and healthy muffins recipe made with whole wheat flour, carrots, walnuts and no eggs! Muffins are my baby's favorite ever since I started baking at home. I already have posted whole wheat chocolate chip muffins and banana muffins with whole wheat flour. I wanted to try muffins with carrots, I googled and adapted the recipe from here. It came out so well and I should say it's a must try for kids. This whole wheat carrot muffins can be given to toddlers after one year and this healthy muffins are prefect as breakfast/evening snack for kids as it has all goodness of whole wheat flour and carrots!
Whole Wheat Carrot Muffins Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Whole Wheat Flour - 1.25 cups
- Curd/Yogurt - 1 cup
- Grated Carrot - ¾ cup
- Baking Soda - ½ tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - ⅛ tsp
- Broken walnut - 2 tbsp
- White sugar/ Brown Sugar - ¾ cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Olive oil/sunflower oil/ any odourless oil - ¼ cup + 1 tbsp
- Measure and keep all ingredients ready. Take carrots and wash it well in running water. Peel the skin off from the carrots and grate it using a grater. Keep it ready.
- Take curd in a bowl and add sugar to it. Stir it well with a hand whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved. Then add oil and mix well so that the oil gets evenly mixed.
- Then add vanilla essence. Stir well. Measure and Sieve the whole wheat flour and mix well with baking soda, baking powder and salt. Also preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius for 10 minutes.
- Add the sieved ingredients to the wet ingredients. Gently fold everything well for 10-15 seconds. Don't over mix. Then add grated carrots to it and give a quick stir.
- The final mixture should be slightly thick. Line up the muffin tray with muffin liners. Now pour the prepared muffin mix to the lined muffin trays with a spoon. Add broken walnut at the top of all muffins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the muffin tray and oven) at 180° Celsius till tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in tray for 5 minutes once done.
- For small babies, finely chop the walnuts or powder them in order to avoid choking.
- Don't over mix after adding the dry ingredients, just fold them for 10-15 seconds.
- This carrot muffins stays well for 4 days at room temperature and keeps good for a week if stored in refrigerator.
- You could use walnuts or any nuts of your choice or even chocolate chips.
- Mixing and measurements are most important for the perfect muffins.
- The same recipe can be tried in a cake pan too, but the baking time may vary from 35-40 minutes.
- Don't fill the muffin liners more than ¾ th. Otherwise it will overflow during baking.