Vegetable Dal Soup Recipe for Babies | Moong Dal Soup for Babies – Soups are the best option to make the baby to eat vegetables as it is tasty and healthy. Vegetable dal soup is a colorful soup and makes a wholesome meal for your baby. Dal is rich in protein and vegetables are a good source of fiber and vitamins. Hence this vegetable dal soup is the best way to combine legumes and vegetables.
This vegetable dal soup is best for babies aged above eight months and toddlers. Dip this soup in whole wheat breadsticks and feed your baby. You can also serve this soup with idli/dosa or roti if your baby doesn’t like to drink it as such. They will relish this vegetable dal soup for sure. Refer to the notes section for more points to consider before making this soup. Let’s check how to make this healthy vegetable dal soup for babies.
- Moong Dal - 4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds -1 /4 Tsp
- Carrot - 1 small sized
- Beans - 4 nos
- Fresh Peas - 8 nos taken from the pod
- Potato - 1 small sized
- Garlic - 1 or 2
- Salt - a pinch
- Butter/Ghee - ¼ Tsp
- Pepper powder - a tiny pinch (optional)
- Water - 1.5 cups
- Sterilise the bowls and spoons used for feeding your baby in a vessel with hot water for five minutes and keep it immersed in the same vessel until use.
- Wash all the vegetables in running water well. Then peel the skin off from carrot, beans, and potato with a peeler. Then chop them into equal size small cubes. Set aside. Wash the moong dal twice and keep it ready.
- Pressure cook the chopped veggies along with moong dal in a pressure cooker with 1.5 cups of water for 3 whistles. Once the pressure released from the cooker, open it. Keep aside and cool slightly.
- When cooled, blend it with little water (if required) to a smooth paste in a blender. You could skip blending if your baby likes to eat mashed vegetables. Then reheat the blended soup with butter or ghee in a vessel for two minutes with salt, pepper powder (if using). Switch off the flame and serve warm.
Here is the video of how to make veg dal soup for babies & Toddlers
You could use any seasonal vegetables of your choice for making this soup. But ensure that your baby is not allergic to any of those vegetables.
- This vegetable dal Soup gets thicker over time. So add water accordingly.
- I made this soup creamy if you want it runny add more water while reheating the soup and boil it for five minutes.
- Adding pepper powder is purely optional.
- Introduce this vegetable dal soup to your baby once her tummy is adjusted with a couple of veggies.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.