Poha/beaten rice/Flattened rice/aval is a tasty breakfast option for kids and nutritious too. Sweet poha recipe is suitable for babies of age one year as it made with sugar and cow’s milk. This sweet poha recipe can be made in jiffy as it doesn’t require cooking. Sweet poha is my favorite snack from childhood and i am sure it is the best way to kids eat poha/aval. Also sweet poha is sure a better alternate to corn flakes.
- Poha/Flattened Rice/Aval - 1 cup
- Sugar - 2 to 3 tsp
- Boiled Milk - ¾ cup
- Homemade Ghee - ½ tsp
- Chopped nuts - 1 tsp (optional)
- Take the poha/aval in a mixing bowl. Rinse the poha/aval well in running water. Then soak in water for 5 minutes. Once the water is fully absorbed, it will be soft. Drain the excess water by squeezing with your hands if any. Now add ghee, sugar to the poha/aval. Mix well.
- Now add warm milk and mix everything together. Garnish with chopped nuts if you prefer.
- Make sure you completely squeezed the water before adding milk.
- I used brown poha variety. You can even use white poha.
- Soaking time depends on the poha/aval variety.
- Adding chopped nuts is purely optional. Avoid for small babies as they lead to choking hazard.
- Replace sugar with honey if you don’t prefer to add sugar.