Strawberries are loaded with Vitamin C and antioxidants, which makes excellent healthy food for babies, toddlers, and kids. It's also apt to consume berries during winters. I tried this creamy pink strawberry milkshake with homemade chocolate syrup, which I posted recently. It turned out super delicious 🙂
When to introduce Strawberry for babies:
Strawberries are one of the potential allergens; hence its recommended to add strawberry for babies during 10-12 months age. But recent studies are suggesting to introduce allergen foods sooner, therefore consult with your doctor about the same. When you introduce, you can offer mashed strawberries or cut tiny pieces of strawberries as finger food if your baby can handle the same. The small seeds of the strawberries are entirely edible, and hence it is not necessary to remove the seeds, but buying organic strawberries is highly recommended.
How to select Strawberries :
Look for a strawberry fruit with the skin not bruised, no visible cuts and leaves with beautiful green color. Choose ripe and organic strawberries for best results.
Here is how to make a strawberry milkshake for toddlers and kids with homemade chocolate syrup.
Strawberry Chocolate Milkshake Recipe for Toddlers and Kids | Beverages
Strawberry Milkshake - a delicious pink milkshake with homemade chocolate syrup
- Strawberries - 12 to 15 nos
- Milk - 1.5 cups
- Homemade chocolate syrup - 1 to 2 tsp
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Wash the strawberries in running water thoroughly.
- Place it on a cutting board and slice off both the end of the fruit. Then slice the fruit vertically or horizontally.
- Then take the chopped strawberry pieces, milk and homemade chocolate syrup in a juicer/blender. Blend everything till smooth.
Tried this recipe?Mention @gkfooddiary or tag #gkfooddiary!
Here is the video of how to make a strawberry milkshake for Toddlers and Kids
1. Keep all the ingredients ready. Wash the strawberries in running water thoroughly.
2. Place it on a cutting board and slice off both the end of the fruit. Then slice the fruit vertically or horizontally.
3. Then take the chopped strawberry pieces, milk and homemade chocolate syrup in a juicer/blender. Blend everything till smooth.
The tasty strawberry milkshake is ready. Serve chilled !!!
- Choose ripe and organic strawberries for best results.
- Adjust the amount of chocolate syrup according to strawberries sweetness.
- You can add bananas or mangoes to this milkshake.
- I used homemade chocolate syrup. You could use store-bought ones.
- You can make this without chocolate syrup too. Instead, add honey or dates syrup.
- Make sure to introduce strawberries and cows milk separate before you try this strawberry milkshake.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
Delcious, love a nice strawberry milkshake, thanks for sharing recipe.