- When to Introduce Strawberries for Babies:
- How to Select Strawberries :
- 5 Easy Strawberry Recipes for Babies, Toddlers, and Kids
- Strawberry Chocolate Milkshake Recipe for Toddlers and Kids | Beverages
- Strawberry Lassi Recipe for Babies, Toddlers, and Kids
- Strawberry Ice cream Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Homemade Strawberry Jam Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Strawberry Muffins Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Expert Tips on Strawberry Baby Food
Strawberries are loaded with Vitamin C and antioxidants, which makes excellent healthy food for babies, toddlers, and kids.
When to Introduce Strawberries for Babies:
Strawberries are one of the potential allergens; hence, adding strawberries for babies during 10-12 months is recommended. But recent studies are suggesting introducing allergen foods sooner. Therefore consult with your doctor about the same. When you introduce, you can offer mashed strawberries or cut tiny pieces of strawberries as finger food if your baby can handle the same. The small seeds of the strawberries are entirely edible; hence, removing the seeds is unnecessary, but buying organic strawberries is highly recommended.
How to Select Strawberries :
Look for a strawberry fruit with a skin not bruised, no visible cuts, and leaves with beautiful green color. Choose ripe and organic strawberries for the best results.
5 Easy Strawberry Recipes for Babies, Toddlers, and Kids
Strawberry Chocolate Milkshake Recipe for Toddlers and Kids | Beverages
- Strawberries - 12 to 15 nos
- Milk - 1.5 cups
- Homemade chocolate syrup - 1 to 2 tsp
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Wash the strawberries in running water thoroughly.
- Place it on a cutting board and slice off both the end of the fruit. Then slice the fruit vertically or horizontally.
- Then take the chopped strawberry pieces, milk and homemade chocolate syrup in a juicer/blender. Blend everything till smooth.
2. Strawberry Lassi Recipe for Babies, Toddlers, and Kids
Strawberry Lassi Recipe for Babies, Toddlers, and Kids
- Strawberries - 1 cup
- Curd/yogurt - 1 cup
- Fresh cream - 2 tbsp
- Sugar/honey - 2 tsp optional
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Wash the strawberries in running water thoroughly. Remove the stems and slice them vertically.
- Then take the chopped strawberries, curd/yogurt, fresh cream, and honey(if using) in a juicer/blender. Blend everything till smooth.
3. Strawberry Ice cream Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
Strawberry Ice cream Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Strawberry - 1 cup
- Brown Sugar - ¼ cup to ½ cup
- Whole milk - 1.5 cups
- Corn Flour - 2 tsp
- Fresh cream - ¾ cup
- Boil milk in a heavy bottomed pan and simmer it until it reduces from the original quantity for 10 minutes. In the meantime, take corn flour in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoon of milk to it.
- Mix corn flour and milk without any lumps. Set aside. Once the milk is slightly thick, add sugar. Mix well.
- Then add cornflour milk paste to the milk and heat it further for 5 more minutes with occasional stirring. Switch off the flame once done and cool it down.
- Take fresh cream in a freezer safe container(freeze the container before 10 minutes of use) and beat it well until its soft. Once done, add milk sugar corn flour mixture to it and mix well.
- Wash the strawberries in running water thoroughly. Place it on a cutting board and slice the stem off the fruit. Then slice the fruit vertically or horizontally.
- Then take the chopped strawberry pieces in a juicer/blender. Blend everything till smooth.
- Then transfer the blended strawberry puree into the same freezer safe container where we have added fresh cream milk mixture. Mix everything well without any lumps.
- Now Place the container in a freezer and freeze it . After 2 hours, take the container from the freezer.
- Transfer the contents to a blender and blend again to a smooth paste. Do repeat this every 2-3 hours to get a smooth consistency. Repeat the blending and freezing at least 3-4 times.
- Then freeze it overnight or scoop out the ice cream after 4-5 hours. First it will be like a hard crystal, after 10 minutes it will be smooth.
4. Homemade Strawberry Jam Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
Homemade Strawberry Jam Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Strawberries - 20
- Brown Sugar/ Jaggery powder - ½ cup
- Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
- Wash strawberries in running water. Remove the stem and cut strawberries into pieces.
- Puree the strawberries in a blender until smooth. You can leave some small chunky pieces of strawberry here and there if you like.
- Transfer the strawberry puree into a saucepan and add sugar/jaggery powder. Mix well. Then add lemon juice and give a quick stir.
- In a pan, transfer the strawberry mixture. Stir it for 10-15 minutes until it reaches jam-like consistency. Keep the flame low to medium to avoid burning at the bottom. Switch off the flame once done.
5. Strawberry Muffins Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
Strawberry Muffins Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Whole Wheat Flour - ¾ cup
- Baking Soda - ¼ tsp
- Baking Powder - ½ tsp
- Salt - ⅛ tsp
- Diced strawberry - ½ cup
- Curd/Yogurt - ½ cup
- White sugar/ Brown Sugar - ⅓ cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Olive oil/sunflower oil/ any odorless oil - ¼ cup
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees for 10 minutes. In a mixing bowl, add oil. Then add cane sugar.
- Add in curd and vanilla essence.
- Mix it well until the sugar dissolved.
- Place a sifter over a bowl. Add whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Sift the flour.
- Now add in the curd mixture and diced strawberry pieces. Mix everything well for 10-15 seconds. The final mix should be in thick consistency.
- Line up the muffin tray with muffin liners. Pour the prepared batter into muffin liners and top with cut strawberries. Bake in the preheated oven for 20- 25 minutes (baking time depends on the size of the muffin tray and oven) at 180° Celsius till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cooling in the plate for 5 minutes once done.
Expert Tips on Strawberry Baby Food
- Choose ripe and organic strawberries for the best results.
- Wash the strawberries thoroughly before you proceed with the recipe.
- Ensure to introduce strawberries and other ingredients separately before trying this strawberry milkshake/other mixed.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- You could skip fresh cream and make a smoothie, but fresh cream gives a rich taste to smoothies.
- For babies below one year, prefer juices, smoothies, and soups occasionally, as that might replace breastfeeding or formula feeding.
- Skip honey/sugar for babies below one year.
- Adding corn flour gives a nice texture to the ice cream. Instead of corn flour, you could use custard powder or milk powder.
- You can try this ice cream/milkshake with any fruit you choose. A method is the same.
- The more you blend, the creamier your ice cream will be.
- Adjust sweetness according to the taste of the strawberries.
Leave a Reply