Rava ladoo/ Sooji ladoo - delicious ladoos prepared with sooji/rava/cream of wheat, sugar, coconut, ghee and cashews. Rava ladoo is one of the traditional recipe made in India for a few special occasions. It tastes so delicious that no one can stop with one!!! This version of rava ladoo is prepared with coconuts that I have learnt from my mom. The process of making is little time consuming but its still worth the effort! This rava ladoo can be given to kids after one year as a rare treat and am sure kids will love it:)
Rava Ladoo Recipe for Toddlers and Kids
- Sooji/Fine Rava- 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cardamom - 2
- Cashews - 1 tbsp
- Raisins - 1 tbsp
- Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup
- Ghee - 1/4 cup
- Hot Water -1/2 cup
- Firstly, add sugar and cardamom to the blender. Grind it to a smooth powder.
- Measure and keep all the other ingredients ready. Melt ghee in a thick bottomed pan.
- Add cashews and raisins. Fry until the cashews turn golden brown. Then add grated coconut and add roast it until its light brown.
- Now add 1 cup of Rava and roast in low flame for 7-10 minutes until nice nutty aroma comes and rava turns slightly brown.
- Then add powdered sugar and mix everything well together for a minute. Switch off the flame once done.
- Now add 1/4 cup of hot water to the rava mix and mix well. Add more water if the mixture remains crumble.
- Start making ladoos with your hand. Add 2 -3 tbsp of hot water if the mixture become crumble while making ladoos. Store it in an air tight container once done.
- Add 1 or 2 tbsp of hot water if you are not able to shape ladoos at the end.
- Do the entire process in low flame in order to prevent the rava from burning.
- Do not add 1/2 cup of hot water at once, add little by little. When you are able to make ladoos, stop adding hot water.
- Store the ladoos in a air tight container at room temperature. It stays well 2-3 days.
- Avoid whole cashews and raisins for small kids. You can add powdered nuts instead.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Make sure to introduce everything separate to your baby before you try this sooji ladoo.