Rajgira Ladoo/Ramdana Ladoo/Amaranth Ladoo- healthy ladoo recipe made with amaranth seeds and jaggery syrup. As mentioned in my previous posts, Amaranth seeds, aka rajgira, is a healthy grain that is loaded with calcium and protein. This rajgira ladoo is one of an excellent way to include rajgira in kids' diet as there are only the least chances for a kid to say a NO to these delicious ladoos. It can be given kids for one year+ babies and kids. Check out more information on how and when to introduce rajgira/amaranth to babies here.
Here is how to make healthy and tasty rajgira ladoos for toddlers and kids.
Rajgira Ladoo Recipe for Toddlers and Kids (with Jaggery syrup)| Amaranth Ladoo
- Rajgira/Amaranth Seeds/Ramdana popped - 1.5 cups
- Jaggery - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/8 cup
- Whole Cardamom - 1 orCardamom powder - 1/8 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Measure and take popped amaranth/rajgira in a bowl. Keep all the other ingredients ready. Take another bowl with water and keep it ready
- Heat jaggery in a pan with water till it immersing level.Switch off the flame once the jaggery melts completely.
- Strain the jaggery water using a strainer to remove impurities. Then start heating the strained jaggery water in low flame.
- When the jaggery water becomes little thick, take little bit of syrup in a spoon and add it to the bowl of water. Gather the syrup to make a firm ball with your fingers. If you are able to form a nice ball, that is the correct stage. Switch off the flame and remove the jaggery syrup from heat. Immediately add the popped rajgira to the hot jaggery syrup. Add powdered cardamom at this stage. Mix everything together with a spoon.
- Now apply some ghee in your palm and Start making ladoos by taking a small portion with a spoon. Make ladoos with the remaining mix and store the rajgira ladoos in an airtight container.Word of caution here, Jaggery syrup will be hot it may burn the skin if touched directly. You should be really quick in shaping ladoos, If the mixture is cooled down completely shaping the ladoos are difficult.
- If you couldn't make ladoos after making few balls and the mixture becomes thick to loosen a bit, heat the mixture for one to two minutes and proceed further.
- Jaggery syrup will be hot. It may burn the skin if touched directly, but you should be quick in shaping ladoos. If the mixture is cooled down completely, forming the ladoos are difficult.
- This rajgira ladoos stay well for a week if stored in an airtight container.
- Jaggery syrup consistency is crucial for making perfect rajgira ladoos; otherwise, it may turn hard or loose.
- Make sure you introduce rajgira/amaranth seeds separately to your baby before trying this rajgira ladoo.