Prunes Juice is a healthy homemade juice recipe made with prunes. Prunes are known for their laxative properties, which best relieve constipation. It can be given to babies in prunes puree, prune juice, Raisins/dry grapes, or Apple Juice to treat constipation.
You can give Prunes juice to your baby for six months. The quantity of prunes juice should be given less (say 2 tablespoon to ¼ cup) when you introduce this juice to your baby as more quantity might lead to diarrhea in some children. Gradually increase the amount (½ cup max per day) per your baby's tolerance level.
Also, check more Home remedies for constipation in babies, toddlers, and kids
Here is how to make prunes juice for babies, Toddlers, and Kids to treat constipation
Prunes Juice Recipe for Babies, Toddlers, and Kids
- Prunes - 5
- Water - 1 cup
- Soak the prunes in ¼ cup of hot water for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Transfer the soaked prunes to a blender along with the remaining ¾ cup of water. Blend it until smooth.
- Then strain the juice through a strainer.
- Slot with a spoon and collect the juice in a bowl. Collect maximum juice as possible by pressing it with a spoon repeatedly.
Here is the video of how to make prune juice for baby constipation
3. Then strain the juice through a filter.
4. Slot with a spoon and collect the juice in a bowl. Collect maximum juice as possible by pressing it with a spoon repeatedly.
- Choose natural prunes which are sulfate-free, sugar-free, and without chemicals to make prune juice.
- Collect maximum juice as possible by pressing it with a spoon repeatedly.
- Add more water if required to reach the desired consistency after straining.
- Give only a small quantity when introducing this juice, and gradually increase the amount once your child's tummy is adjusted.
- You can add jaggery syrup, palm sugar, or cane sugar as a sweetener for babies above one year.