Ponnanganni Keerai (dwarf copper leaf in English) is known for its medicinal values. It's suits to make poriyal as it has a perfect crispy texture.This greens has iron, calcium, protein & vitamins. It good for eyes & skin. We include this greens in our diet for once in two weeks. Let's go to the recipe.
Ponnanganni Keerai Poriyal Recipe (Ponnangani Greens Stir Fry)
- Ponnanganni Keerai - 1 small bunch
- Onion - 1 medium sized
- Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
- Sugar - a pinch optional
- Salt - to taste
- Seasame Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Red chillies - 2
- Wash the greens twice and chop it roughly & keep aside.Chop the onion finely and make it ready.
- Heat a pan with oil and add the items to temper. Once mustard cracks and urad dal turns brown, add red chillies and fry for a minute.
- Now add the onions and sauté till it becomes transparent. Then add the greens along with sugar & salt.
- Fry the greens in low flame until it shrinks in volume & gets cooked. This may take 5 to 7 minutes. No need to add water as the greens will leave out water.
- After the greens got cooked, add coconut and mix well for 2 minutes. Once everything comes together, switch off the flame.