Spring onions is a healthy veggie which is a rich source of iron, mostly used in Chinese preparations. It has lot of health benefits including improving vision, strengthening bones, protect against infection etc. Spring onions stir fry is a simple and delicious stir fry that can be made under 15 minutes. This stir fry fry is a healthy way of including spring onions in our diet. It has a mild sweet taste hence it will be liked by kids too. My daughter had this healthy stir fry without any complaints. Here is how to make spring onions stir fry.
Spring onions stir fry | Spring onions Poriyal | Stir fry Recipes
- Spring onions bunch - 1
- Salt - to taste
- Roasted gram dal or pottu kadalai - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli - 4
- Grated coconut - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Wash the spring onions along with leaves. Trim the ends of the leaves and chop them into 1 inch pieces. Then chop the onions into cubes.
- Take the roasted gram dal, cocount, red chillies, cumin powder in blender. Grind them to a coarse paste with very little water. Set aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and add mustard seeds. Once mustard cracks and add the chopped spring onions & leaves along with required salt. Mix well.
- Saute the leaves onions and leaves together until the leaves get shrinks and it got cooked well. Once it got cooked, it will be soft and the color of the leaves will be changed. Now add the ground paste and give a quick stir. Mix it well and fry for 2 minutes. Once done, switch off the flame.
2. Take the roasted gram dal, coconut, red chillies, cumin powder in blender. Grind them to a coarse paste with very little water. Set aside.
- Wash the leaves and onions really well to get rid of the mud.
- You can also add 1 onion to this stir fry.
- Add 1 egg along with spring onions to make this stir fry wholesome.