Peanuts are excellent source of protein and one of the best worlds healthiest & weight gaining food for growing kids. This peanut ladoo recipe is very easy to make with only 2 main ingredients. It makes a great healthy snack for kids than any store bought. Peanuts are one of the allergen food, so I would recommend to try this ladoo after introducing peanut separate. Many pediatricians recommend to introduce peanuts after one year, but please do consult with your pediatrician before introducing peanuts to your baby.
- Raw Peanuts- 1 cup
- Jaggery - ½ cup
- Cardamom - 2
- Ghee - 1 to 2 tsp (optional)
- Measure and keep all ingredients ready. Dry roast peanuts in a pan until crispy and nice aroma comes.
- Switch off the flame once the skin from the peanuts are splitting up. Peel the peanut skins by rubbing between your hands and blow the skin.
- Blend the peeled peanuts to a slightly corase powder for 5 to 10 seconds. Then add powdered jaggery and cardamom to the blender.
- Grind it again for few seconds until the peanut and jaggery are well blended. Transfer everything to a plate or bowl and add ghee and mix well. Break the lumps formed with your hands.
- Now start making balls. You can skip the ghee if the oils released from peanuts are enough to roll them. Store it in air tight container once done.
- Adding ghee is purely optional, as the oil released from peanuts are enough to roll them. But ghee gives a nice fragrance to the ladoo.
- You can add more jaggery if you prefer more sweetness.
- Store the ladoos in a air tight container at room temperature. It stays well for a week.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Make sure to introduce everything separate to your baby before you try this peanut ladoo.