Mutton liver Masala/ Lamb Liver Fry – Tasty liver fry recipe made with lamb/mutton liver, onions and pepper as main ingredients. Mutton liver is a very good source of Iron and other essential vitamins and hence its vital to include liver as a part of kids healthy diet. But make sure to not to overdose the liver as as they have high levels of performed vitamin A, too much of Performed Vitamin A may be harmful for some reasons. Include liver recipes for your family and kids only once in a month.
This mutton liver masala recipe is soft, mildly spiced and also helps in healthy weight gain which makes it suitable for toddlers & kids. It tastes so good and goes well with chapati and rice! Mutton liver can be given to kids from one year after introducing all family foods. Check more information here on introducing mutton/lamb to babies here.
Here is how to make mutton liver masala recipe for toddlers and kids.
- Mutton Liver - 300 gm
- Vinegar/Lemon juice - 1 tbsp or milk - 2 tbsp
- Onion - 1 large sized
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Green chilies - 1 to 2
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder - ½ tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves - a handful
- Water - ½ cup
- Salt - as required
- Sesame Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Slice onions finely and slit green chilies. Set aside. Take the mutton liver in a wide bowl and add in turmeric powder and vinegar/lemon juice or milk. Soak them together for 20 minutes and after that wash it 4 to to 5 time in water. Soaking helps to get rid of the strong smell from the liver.
- After washing the liver thoroughly, cut them into bite sized pieces and keep it ready along with other ingredients. Heat a pressure cooker with oil. Add in cumin seeds & let it splutter.
- Then add in onions, curry leaves, green chilies along with ginger garlic paste. Saute them nicely until golden brown and the raw smell of ginger garlic paste leaves. Now add red chilli powder, coriander powder and required salt.Fry everything in low medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add cleaned liver pieces and fry until the color is slightly changed.
- At this stage add in freshly ground pepper powder and give a quick stir. Then add ½ cup of water and bring it to a boil. Then close the lid of pressure cooker and cook everything in a low medium flame for two whistles or the mutton liver gets cooked well. You can also cover with a lid and cook until the liver is soft instead of pressure cooking.
- Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and transfer the gravy to a thick bottomed pan.
- Stir fry everything in medium low flame until the curry gets semi dry or completely dry. Consistency is purely your preference. Do not overcook as the liver will get hard. Switch off the flame once done and garnish with coriander leaves if preferred.
- You can also cover with a lid and cook until the liver is soft instead of pressure cooking.
- Make sure to not to add more water while cooking and do not overcook the liver otherwise it may turn hard.
- The consistency is purely your preference. I made it semi dry.
- Adjust spices & green chilli according to your preference.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- Make sure to not to overdose the liver as as they have high levels of vitamin A, too much of Performed Vitamin A may be harmful for some reasons. Include liver recipes for your family and kids only once in a month.