Mushroom soup is a wholesome, creamy, healthy soup for toddlers and kids. Mushroom is a great immunity booster as it believed to kill viruses & bacteria and fight diseases. This mushroom soup is one of the most excellent ways to include mushrooms in Kids diet and best to give during cold/cough.
The climate was so chill a few days back & we felt like having soup and tried this creamy mushroom soup. It came out so well and tasted delicious. The little one at home enjoyed this soup very much:) This creamy mushroom soup can be given to toddlers from one year after introducing mushrooms separately. Check out the other soup recipes I have posted so far. Now Let's check how to make this easy cream of mushroom soup for toddlers and kids.
Mushroom Soup Recipe For Toddlers & Kids
- 1 cup Mushroom Chopped
- 2 tsp Butter/Ghee/Oil
- 2 tbsp Onion finely chopped
- 3 nos Garlic small cloves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Wheat Flour
- Salt as required
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cream/ Grated Cheese
- 1 cup Milk
- Wash mushrooms in running water well. Remove the outer layer and stems. Keep it ready. Finely chop onions & garlic. In a thick bottomed pan, heat a tsp of butter and add onions & garlic. Saute them for two minutes.
- Now add chopped mushroom pieces with wheat flour. Fry them until water leaves. It may take 3-4 minutes. Then add whole Milk along with pepper powder & salt. Boil it in a medium flame until slightly thick
- Lastly, add fresh cream/grated cheese. Mix well. Boil it for two more minutes and Switch off the flame.
Introduce this mushroom soup to your baby, after introducing mushrooms separately.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- You can grind the mushrooms after sauteing and boil with milk if your baby doesn't like to eat mushrooms as such.
- Adjust spices according to your preference.
- You could add a pinch of mixed Italian herbs to this mushroom soup for older kids and adults.