Mushroom soup is a wholesome, creamy, healthy soup for toddlers and kids. Mushroom is a great immunity booster as it believed to kill viruses & bacteria and fight diseases. This mushroom soup is one of the nicest ways to include mushrooms in Kids diet and best to give during cold/cough.
The climate was so chill a few days back & we felt like having soup and tried this creamy mushroom soup. It came out so well and tasted delicious. The little one at home enjoyed this soup very much:) This creamy mushroom soup can be given to toddlers from one year after introducing mushrooms separately. Check out the other soup recipes I have posted so far. Now Let’s check how to make this easy cream of mushroom soup for toddlers and kids.
Oats Soup Recipe For Toddlers & Kids
- 1/4 cup Whole Oats/Powdered Oats
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tsp Butter/Ghee/Oil
- 2 tbsp Onion finely chopped
- 3 nos Garlic small cloves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Chopped Vegetables I used Carrot, beans, peas
- Salt as required
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp oregano optional
- 1 cup Milk
- Add butter to the pan and melt it. Add garlic
- Add in onions. Saute them for two minutes
- Now add chopped vegetable pieces and salt
- Let it cook for a few minutes. Add in whole oats or powdered oats, Mix well
- Then add water. Cook this covered for 5 mins
- Once the oats are soft and cooked, add Milk
- Simmer for 5 mins or until thick. Then add pepper powder
- Add in oregano and mix well. Boil it for two more minutes and Switch off the flame.
- Introduce this mushroom soup to your baby, after introducing mushrooms separately.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- You can grind the mushrooms after sauteing and boil with Milk if your baby doesn’t like to eat mushrooms as such.
- Adjust spices according to your preference.
- You could add a pinch of mixed Italian herbs to this mushroom soup for older kids and adults.