Mushroom roast is a easy dry fry made with mushrooms. This easy fry goes well with Chapati/roti/phulka or even rice. Mushrooms being our family favorite, I explore different recipes with it whenever I buy mushrooms. I used to make this mushroom roast, when i am little lazy to spend lot of time in kitchen. With simple ingredients, it tastes super good and flavorful. Don’t give a second thought to try this easy mushroom fry.
Mushroom Roast Recipe | Mushroom Fry | Mushroom Recipes
- Mushrooms - 200 gms
- Big onion - 1 medium sized
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp from 1/4 inch ginger piece and 3 garlic cloves
- Grated Coconut - 1 tbsp optional
- Salt - as required
- Thick curd - 3 tbsp
- Red chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Wash and cut each mushroom into 2 or 3 slices depending upon its size. Keep them ready. In a wide mixing bowl, take the ingredients given under 'to marinate' and mix well with a whisk. Then coat the mushrooms with it and leave it for marination for 20 minutes. Mushroom will leave some amount of water during marination.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumming seeds and fennel seeds. Saute them until cumin seeds cracks. Then add curry leaves and fry for a minute. Add sliced big onions along with ginger garlic paste now and fry them well.
- Once the onions becomes transparent, add the marinated mushroom pieces and mix it well. They will start to sweat some amount of water. Cook it in low medium flame until the water dry up completely for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms are completely cooked, add the grated cocount in and mix it slowly. Fry it for another two minutes and switch off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves if you prefer.
- Adding coconut is purely optional. This fry tastes good even without that.
- No need to add water at any stage as mushrooms leave out lot of water.
- Add salt at the last stage otherwise the mushrooms will be overcooked and leave lot of water.
- This is a spicy fry with the above mentioned ingredients. Decrease red chilli powder if you want it less spicy.