Mushroom do Pyaza is a popular North Indian semi dry creamy gravy with mushrooms and double the amount of onions. It’s a medium spicy gravy and it has mild sweetness because of the addition of fresh cream. I have tasted this in a restaurant and tried at home. It turned out super delicious. Its very simple to make at home with simple ingredients such as mushrooms, onions and fresh cream.It’s goes well with roti/Chapati/phulka or any mild pulaos like jeera pulao or peas pulao.
- Mushroom - 200 gms
- Big onion - 1 large sized
- Small onions - 5
- Tomatoes - 2 medium sized
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Garlic - 2 fat cloves
- Red chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 tsp
- Fresh cream - 2 tbsp
- Salt - as required
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Grind tomatoes with ginger and garlic to a smooth puree. Set aside. Wash and clean mushrooms. Then cut each mushroom into 2 or 3 slices depending upon the size. Keep them ready. Chop big onions lengthwise and peel small onions. Keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan and add cumming seeds. Saute them until cumin seeds cracks. Add sliced big onions and peeled small onions now and fry them well.
- Once the onions becomes transparent, add the tomato ginger garlic paste in.Then add the red chilli powder, coriander powder,garam masala powder and salt. Mix everything together. Fry the paste until the raw smell of tomatoes completely leaves. Now add the chopped mushroom pieces and mix it well with the gravy.
- Fry the mushrooms for two minutes. Mushrooms will start leaving out water. Cook covered for 5 minutes until the mushrooms get completely cooked. Now add the fresh cream in and mix it slowly. Cook it for another two minutes and switch off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves.
3. Fry the mushrooms for two minutes. Mushrooms will start leaving out water. Cook covered for 5 minutes until the mushrooms get completely cooked. Now add the fresh cream in and mix it slowly. Cook it for another two minutes and switch off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves.
2. This is medium spicy curry with the above mentioned ingredients. Increase red chilli powder if you want it more spicy.