Little Moppet Foods Review – I always insist on making your homemade baby food as it is cheap, convenient and gives the parents control over what they feed their children. But unfortunately for some parents, it would be hard to find the time to make their baby food for some valid reasons and buying commercial baby food is probably the better option for them.
For those parents “Little Moppet Foods” is a convenient and nutritious option. As”Little Moppet Foods” are not using additives, preservatives, sugar, salt, and MSG and so you can reliably give their products to your child without worry. I have received a few of their products to review. I tried all the products with my preschooler & family, and we loved it:)
About Little Moppet Foods
- My Little Moppet. Dr. Hemapriya, he Mommy of Two Little Moppets. She is the doctor by profession and spread her Medical knowledge to all Mommies around the world through one of India’s Top Parenting Website and Blog,
Products freshly prepared after an order is placed.
- Your every Purchase from Little Moppet foods helps save a little heart as a percentage of every sale is contributed to running of Little Moppet heart foundation, an organization which helps in treating Congenital heart Disease for underprivileged children in India.
My Thoughts On Little Moppet Foods For Babies
I have received seven products from “Little Moppet Foods for Babies and Toddlers” for my review. The packing was eco-friendly & intact. They delivered within two days. Now Let us check the review of each “Little Moppet Foods for Babies” in detail.
1. Raw Kerala Banana Powder
- Age Recommendation: 6 months & above.
- Ingredients: Raw Kerala Banana
My experience with Raw Kerala Banana Powder
Raw banana powder is very popular in the southern regions of India. As everyone knows, Row bananas are rich in fiber and potassium. Also, it is suitable for weight gain in babies, and also it improves the metabolism.
I tried raw Kerala banana porridge and raw banana milkshake with raw Kerala banana powder from Little Moppet foods. Both turned out so good! The raw Kerala banana porridge is cooked quickly within 5 minutes, the texture and taste is just perfect 🙂
Here is the method I followed for making raw Kerala banana porridge and raw Kerala banana milkshake:
Where to buy Raw Kerala Banana Powder
Click Here To Buy: Raw Kerala Banana Powder
5. Dry Fruits Powder
- Age recommendation : 8 months+
- Ingredients: Almonds, Cashew Nuts, Pistachios, Turmeric, Saffron and Nutmeg
My experience with Dry Fruits Powder
Dry fruits powder or nuts powder is a mix of natural nuts/dry fruits, and it is the best food for children. It can be mixed with any baby food. You can also add it to hot milk or your child’s favorite milkshake when your baby is above one year. It also tastes good in recipes that call for the use of dry fruits or nuts such as in cookies, cakes, and bread.
I’ve tried adding dry fruits powder from little moppet foods to hot milk for my preschooler and have been happy with the results. But the powder doesn’t dissolve fully. So I would recommend straining the milk for young kids before serving!
I have also added the nuts powder to sprouted sathu maavu ladoo as well. We all loved it so much that it had a nutty flavor and even added lovely color to the ladoos 🙂
Here is the method I followed for making dry fruits milk:
Where to buy Dry Fruits Powder
Click Here To Buy: Dry Fruits Powder
6. Sprouted Sathumaavu Powder / Sprouted Health Mix
- Recommended Age: 6 months and above
- Ingredients: Rice, Wheat, Ragi, Jowar, Roasted Gram, Green Gram, Black Gram, Corn, Sago, Groundnuts, Chickpeas, Horse Gram, Cowpeas, Ajwain, Dry Ginger, Elaichi, Cashew, Pista, Badam
My experience with Sprouted Sathumaavu Powder / Sprouted Health Mix
Sprouted sathu maavu powder from little moppet foods is made of sprouted whole grains, pulses, and nuts! It is a staple and nutrition rich food for small children. Its an excellent alternative for cerelac and has zero preservatives. You can prepare porridge from this powder and serve it as a breakfast for babies and young children as it filling and healthy too!
I want to try a different recipe with sprouted sathu maavu mix than our usual porridge, and one such try is this sathu maavu ladoo! It was effortless to prepare and quite addictive too! This sathu maavu ladoo is suitable for babies from one year. It was a hit at my home as little one loved it. As I have already mentioned, I have added dry fruits powder to this ladoo to make it more healthy!
Here is the method I followed for sprouted sathu maavu ladoo
- Add 1 tbsp of ghee to a thick bottomed pan. Add 1 cup of sprouted sathu maavu mix and roast in low to medium flame for 5 to 8 minutes until nice aroma comes. Remove from the fire once done. Cool it down.
- Take palm jaggery or jaggery in a saucepan. Add water and boil until the liquid becomes slightly thick. Strain the liquid to remove impurities. Keep it ready.
- In a mixing bowl, add 1 tbsp of hot melted ghee, dry fruits powder, and roasted sathu maavu flour. Then pour the jaggery syrup.
- Mix everything well and start making balls when it is slightly hot to hold in hand. Store in an airtight container once done.
Where to buy Sprouted Sathumaavu Powder / Sprouted Health Mix
Click Here To Buy: Sprouted Sathumaavu Powder / Sprouted Health Mix
6. Natural Dried Dates Powder / Dried Kharik Powder
- Age Recommendation: 8 months + and above
- Ingredients: 100% Natural Dried Dates Powder
My experience with Natural Dried Dates Powder / Dried Kharik Powder
Dry dates powder is a nutritive sweetener, rich in iron and perfect choice of sweetener for babies and young kids. It retains almost all of the benefits of whole dates, and you can add it to baby food as a sweetener.
You can mix with milk if your child is above one year for an additional boost of energy. Also, you can add to cakes, biscuits or cookies for baking as a replacement for white sugar.
Where to buy natural Dried Dates Powder
Click Here To Buy: Natural Dried Dates Powder
Would I recommend Little Moppet Foods
Yes, definitely! To all the parents of babies/toddlers. If you are a working parent or having a hard time making your own baby food at home due to household chores, cleaning, and laundry! Go ahead and buy it, feed your baby healthy.
Little Moppet Foods have sent their products for an honest review. I was not encouraged or compensated to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.