Lemons are packed with Vitamin C and antioxidants, Its one of the great fruit to offer during summer. This fresh lime juice can be given to babies from 8 months occasionally (start with a small amount). Read more on about giving juices to babies.
Here is how to make fresh lime juice recipe for babies, toddlers and kids.
- Small sized lemon - 1
- Water - 1.5 cups
- Sugar - 1 tsp (optional)
- Salt - a pinch (optional)
- Wash the lemons in running water thoroughly. Cut them into half horizontally.
- Squeeze each half of lemon with lemon squeezer or by your hand. Collect the juice in a bowl. Filter the juice using a strainer and add water, salt, sugar & mix well.
- Adjust sweetener as per your preference.
- Bring the lemons to room temperature before squeezing so that it will be easy to squeeze.
- Always check with your baby’s doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Give only a small amount when you introduce this juice to your child. Also it’s recommended to dilute the juice with water when you introduce.
- For babies below one year, prefer juices occasionally as breastmilk or formula should be major until one year.