Sorbet is a frozen dessert made from any fruit puree and sweetener. The method to prepare any sorbet is to puree the fruit with sweetener, freeze it, churned well to break the ice crystals to make a smoother finish. Sorbets are perfect for summer, best and easy alternatives to ice creams as its very easy to prepare at home with minimal ingredients.
Sorbets are the best way to get some fruit into kids diet who are not fond of fruits. It's my first ever attempt to make sorbets at home, to my surprise it turned out good and my little one liked it too. For the information on how to select and store kiwi fruit, check here. Now, Let's get on to check how to make this easy kiwi sorbet recipe for toddlers and kids.
Kiwi Sorbet Recipe for Toddlers and Kids (without an ice cream maker)
- Kiwi - 5 nos
- Honey/Sugar - 3 tbsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- Wash the kiwi in running water thoroughly. Place it on a cutting board and slice off both the end of the fruit. Insert a spoon in between skin and flesh of the kiwi fruit. Rotate the spoon around the fruit and pop the fruit from the skin. Then slice the fruit vertically or horizontally.
- Keep honey and lemon juice ready. Then take the chopped kiwi pieces, honey and lemon in a juicer/blender.
- Blend everything till smooth. Then transfer the blended kiwi puree into a freezer safe container.
- Place the container in a freezer and freeze it . After 2-3 hours, take the container from the frezzer.
- Transfer the contents to a blender and blend again to a smooth paste. Do repeat this every 2-3 hours to get a smooth consistency.
- Then freeze it overnight and scoop out the next day. First it will be like a hard crystal, after 10 minutes it will be smooth.
- You can try this sorbet with any fruit of your choice. Method is the same.
- The more you blend the more creamier your sorbet will be.
- Freezing time totally depends on your freezer settings.
- Freeze the serving bowl before 30 minutes of serving so that your sorbets won't melt quick.
- You could use sugar/honey to make this sorbet. Prefer honey for a healthy version.
- You can add bananas while blending to make this kiwi sorbet. But make sure to adjust sweetness accordingly.
- It stays well for 2 weeks in freezer.
- Always check with your doctor before giving any new food to your baby.
- Make sure to introduce everything separate to your baby before you try this kiwi sorbet.
Which honey have you used..
I used carlota brand this time.. I usually buy organic ones or capilano