Instant Banana Dosa/banana pancakes - Soft, thick pancake like dosa made with banana, suji/rava, brown sugar/jaggery and dry fruits. As I have mentioned earlier, my little one love bananas and hence I experiment many recipes with bananas. This instant banana dosa recipe was a real hit at home and tastes excellent with sooji. It tastes so good when it hits your lips and will be finished in no time! This banana dosa can be given to babies after 8 months as a finger food.
Instant Banana Dosa Recipe for Babies, Toddlers and Kids (with Sooji)
- Banana - 3 small ripped
- Sooji/ Rava / Semolina - ½ cup
- Water - ½ cup
- Brown sugar/jaggery - 2 tbsp
- Raisins - 1 tsp
- Cashews - 1.5 teaspoon chopped
- Cardamom powder - a pinch
- Grated Coconut - 1 tbsp optional
- Oil/Ghee - for making dosas
- Keep everything ready. Chop the banana roughly into pieces. Take chopped banana, water, cardamom powder, cashews, raisins and sugar/jaggery in a blender. Blend everything to a smooth paste.
- Now transfer the blended paste to a vessel and add required amount of sooji/rava.
- Add grated coconut if using. Mix everything well and add some water if the batter is too thick.
- Heat a tawa or iron skillet, add a ladle of banana sooji batter to it and spread it to form a circle. Don't spread too much. It should be thick like pancakes. Sprinkle oil/ghee. Cook in low medium flame. Cook until brown on one side for three minutes and flip it carefully. Repeat the same for remaining banana sooji batter.
- You can add nuts powder instead of cashews and raisins.
- Cook everything in low to medium flame otherwise it gets burnt or sticky.
- You can use broken wheat rava instead of suji.
- Use over ripe bananas for this recipe.
- You could also use milk instead of water.
- Adjust sweetness as per the taste of bananas.
- Don't spread this bread dosa thin.
- Skip sugar/jaggery for babies below one year.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.